- With long waiting lists, low vacancy rates and stable tenants, affordable housing is a low-risk, long-term investment.
- “There are 200 million people with investable income in India, but only 20 million investors. The only way to bring the next 180 million on board is by making investing simple,” Groww’s Lalit Keshre told TechCrunch.
- Copia’s network of 3,000 agents serves 150,000 customers in a delivery region that encompasses 22% of rural Kenyans
- Seed equity for affordable housing, Owl Ventures’ third fund, mini-grids in Africa, the U.K.’s social investment diversity challenge
Making the numbers work for building and preserving affordable housing has been tough in the San Francisco Bay Area, one of the highest-cost housing markets in the U.S. The new Partnership for the Bay’s Future, which announced a $500 million fund last week, found a way to square the circle: $40 million from the Chan
- How can the sector drive gender and minority inclusion without leadership that is itself gender and racially diverse?
- The group is targeting the Africa's energy opportunity with a $16 million fund to expand mini-grids.