- Asset managers move ‘beyond trade-offs,’ house calls are back, AgDevCo in Sierra Leone, financing sustainable aquaculture, dealflow overflow
- In the second episode of the “Beyond Trade-offs” podcast series, Goldman Sachs’ John Goldstein charts the development of “risk-return-impact” frameworks that meet the needs of institutional investors.
ImpactAlpha, May 9 – The world’s seafood farmers will need to invest up to $300 billion over the next decade to meet the booming demand for fish protein. Such capital expenditures represent an opportunity for impact-minded investors to promote sustainable farmed fish production, according to “Towards a Blue Revolution,” a guide to sustainable aquaculture from The
- The company raised $33 million in Series B funding from Echo Health Ventures, Alta Partners and Questa Capital.
- By helping farmers establish organic farming practices, pass certification and by purchasing their cocoa beans, Tradin Sierra Leone helps farmers earn a premium in the otherwise opaque and low-wage cocoa market.
- Blackstone’s impact strategy, unshackling immigrant founders, fintech for low-income South Africans, donor-advised fund windfall with Beyond Meat IPO
- Blackstone’s strategy looks to be different in key respects from the approaches of TPG Growth, KKR, Bain Capital, Partners Group and other big private equity players that have launched impact funds in recent years.
- For starters, private equity will be only part of Blackstone’s impact portfolio, which will include real estate and infrastructure investments as well.