- “As a result of the charges of personal misconduct against Bill McGlashan, we have placed Mr. McGlashan on indefinite administrative leave effective immediately,” a TPG spokesperson said.
- Blue economy investments, growing protein on trees, banking for migrants, equitable edtech, jobs in Mexico City, London and Washington D.C.
ImpactAlpha, March 28 – The bad news about the oceans has finally started to generate some good news for investors looking for investments in the blue economy. A growing recognition that oceans are in crisis – from global warming and acidification to plastics pollution and depleted fisheries to “dead zones” caused by chemical runoff from agriculture
- Equitable uses of education technology at scale requires scaling not just products and services but their impact, says authors of a new equitable edtech report from Omidyar Network.
- The company’s funding round was backed by venture capital firm Viola FinTech, BNP Paribas’s venture capital arm Opera Tech Ventures, Standard Bank, OurCrowd, Moneta Fund and several private investors.
- The Japanese life insurance company is backing clean tech investor Energy & Environment Investment (EEI)
- The California-based TerViva is giving a bitter legume a market while giving farmers an income opportunity for low-quality and fallow land.