- Companies in the index on average "pay better, create more jobs, pay fewer fines, give twice as much to charity, emit less greenhouse gas, and have higher return on equity, compared with the rest of the Russell 1000."
- The Civic Tech accelerator, hosted by Omidyar Network and Village Capital in India, is looking for “ventures leveraging technology and/or physical community-building to connect citizens with government and/or one another in order to advance civic outcomes.”
- Marshmallow, a U.K. startup, plans to offer car insurance to the more than 9 million foreign born drivers who recently moved to the country.
- BluVine offers loan products to meet operational and working capital needs and to cover short-term cashflow requirements between invoicing and payment.
- Sea of opportunity, $200M for Jessica Alba’s Honest Co., impact at Australia’s HESTA, inclusive Peru.
A growing sense of urgency about the marine plastics crisis will likely expand opportunities for established companies and startups alike that have been working to find solutions to the problem.
- The eco-consumer products brand launched by Jessica Alba in 2012 has raised $200 million from private equity firm L Catterton.