- The IFC, part of the World Bank Group, is betting on the nine principles to help combat “impact washing” while providing an impact-investing onramp for institutional investors sitting on trillions.
It is almost easier to list the private equity managers who are not getting into impact than it is to list those who are. After raising $2 billion for its first-ever impact fund, private equity manager TPG Growth is looking to raise a second Rise Fund, this time at $3 billion. We have come a
- Mumbai-based GoBolt makes software to help India’s growing on-demand logistics sector operate more efficiently
- Bain Capital’s impact fund has invested an undisclosed amount to acquire two companies working in the in-home health sector
- Social Ventures Australia is looking to raise $5 million from private investors to expand an employment training and coaching pilot in New South Wales
The annual Who’s Who of impact investing, hosted by Sir Ronald Cohen’s Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group, is convening for the fourth year. The GSG’s annual awards recognized individuals and organizations “radically reshaping how measurable impact on people and the planet is reflected in financial decision-making.” The U.S.-based family office Blue Haven Initiative was
- Investors with tens of billions in assets have written an open letter to incoming General Electric Co. CEO Lawrence Culp making the case that he can turnaround the Boston-based firm’s ailing valuation by becoming a leader in the global transition to clean power and transportation.