- The billionaire's Caribbean Climate-Smart Accelerator, conceived at last year's One Planet Summit in Paris, has been launched to finance and scale startups in 26 Caribbean countries and territories.
“Those promising comfortable market-rate returns while solving global poverty are the equivalent of diet gurus promising that one can lose weight while eating limitless amounts of chocolate cake.” In the year-and-a-half since my Ceniarth co-director Greg Neichin and I wrote about the tension between investing in difficult, underserved markets and the desire of many in the impact
- BlackRock’s new debt funds signal an expansion of ESG’s relevance and application to emerging markets investment opportunities.
- The startup caters to American workers who are looking for gig-work, whether because they can’t find full-time work, or because their full-time work pay isn’t enough.
- BlueOrchard has invested more than $5 billion in 350 financial institutions, which have supported more than 37 million emerging market micro- and small-business owners.
- The Gurgaon-based small business lender focuses on designing financial products for small business owners at the base of the economic pyramid
- The socially responsible auto-investment advisor raised its Series A round with QED Investors as its lead investor