- Global corporations including Walmart, Estee Lauder and IKEA are putting their brands and supply chains at risk by failing to disclose deforestation risks.
- A lengthy New York Times profile explores the many contradictions Walker faces in his efforts to tackle the structural underpinnings of inequality, an agenda that often upsets the status quo.
- The firm is launching a €60 million impact fund-of-funds targeting sustainable food and agriculture, access to clean energy and healthcare, and conservation around the globe.
- Since 2015, the Brooklyn Community Foundation has supported the growth of local, upstart nonprofits driving racial justice through its Incubator Project.
- The good news is that, in the aggregate, data shows that accelerators are good investments. The caveat: these benefits vary wildly across programs.
- If impact investments can indeed deliver alpha returns, or mitigate risks, or simply deliver better outcomes for beneficiaries, understanding the expected impact of an investment before it's made seems like a good idea.
ImpactAlpha, July 10 – At the Impact Management Project, we have been following Omidyar Network’s Beyond Trade-offs series with interest. The debate about whether creating impact requires a trade-off in financial risk and return has tended towards unhelpful confusion and controversy. So it is heartening to see leading investors engaging so creatively across multiple points