ImpactAlpha, Sept. 9, 2020 –– Business and finance reporting will never be the same. The pandemic, the protests and the climate emergency have made sustainable finance, impact investing and “ESG” the fastest-growing categories of financial services.
And that means a media battle for that audience is brewing as well. ImpactAlpha, the purpose-built impact investing media platform, is ramping up to better serve our growing base of subscribers and build on our early market leadership.
We’re looking for reporter/producers – smart thinkers and quick writers eager to jump on the biggest story in business and finance. You can be a seasoned pro or hungry rookie, a finance whiz or a sharp trend spotter. Don’t be afraid to call bulls**t, push harder and dig deeper. Do be fired up by passionate people, new solutions and big possibilities.
See below, explore ImpactAlpha.com and listen to some podcasts to learn what we do. If you might be a fit, drop a note to email@example.com with a few lines about why you’re interested in joining the team, along with a resume and links to clips or other media.
ImpactAlpha is a subscription-based, multi-channel digital media platform that is redefining business journalism around social and environmental value. Our audience and our beat are “Agents of Impact” working in impact investing, sustainable finance, ESG and entrepreneurship to accelerate a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
In this growing marketplace, we are both trusted insiders and skeptical outsiders. We identify solutions worth scaling and balloons that need popping. Our audience includes asset owners (institutional and individual), asset and fund managers, foundations, advisors (including accountants, lawyers, consultants as well as finance), entrepreneurs and advocates.
ImpactAlpha’s daily email newsletter, The Brief, is seen by more than 70,000 professionals and influencers globally. ImpactAlpha.com features both our real-time newsfeed and other subscriber benefits. Monthly (or more frequent) Agents of Impact (video) calls feature leading voices in the impact investing space.
Our four podcast feeds include the weekly Impact Briefing, as well as Agents of Impact interviews and our Returns on Investment roundtables. We maintain active social media feeds across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, and host multiple subscriber-only Slack channels. Our open database, ImpactSpace, includes profiles on more than 10,000 impact ventures, funds and deals.
ImpactAlpha’s virtual newsroom and operations teams are based in California, New York, Texas and Europe, with partners and freelancers in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We have a highly engaged work culture that is collegial and respectful and prizes initiative and responsibility.
The successful candidate will be a versatile, flexible and resourceful journalist or media producer comfortable with a range of topics, tasks and responsibilities, including:
- Original, accurate and compelling research, reporting and writing on feature stories, deals (Dealflow), trends (Signals) and people (Agents of Impact) in the impact investing/sustainable finance/entrepreneurship spaces;
- High-quality editorial production and assistance (website formatting/posting, newsletter and podcast distribution) across channels (i.e. The Brief, ImpactAlpha.com, social media, podcasts etc.);
- Project management (special features, sponsored content, events, etc.);
- Team engagement and assistance (i.e. editorial calls, event/presentation support, project collaboration etc.).
Compensation and qualifications
The salary offer will be commensurate with experience. Other benefits: flexible work hours, health stipend, equity stock grants.
We’re looking for talent, not credentials. In general, candidates should be prepared to demonstrate:
- Excellent reporting, writing and copy-editing skills and solid journalistic judgment;
- Engagement, interest and familiarity with basic business, finance and investing terms and concepts.
- Newsroom or equivalent experience or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in journalism/communications, business/finance or policy/development.
- Portfolio of published articles, podcasts, or digital bites.
- Modern digital skills and practices (G Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp, images and data)
- Excellent communication, collaboration and active listening skills.
ImpactAlpha provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Still interested? Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with a few lines about why you’re interested in joining the ImpactAlpha team, along with a resume and links to clips or other media.