- Fintech startup Weel provides cashflow loans to Brazil’s small businesses to help them weather variability between incoming and outgoing payments.
- Demonstrating Central America impact investing, Bay Area workforce housing, pay-as-you-earn for undergrads, future of workers
- Pomona Impact is making the case for impact investing in Central America one investment – and one fund – at a time.
- “What helps you get a job is technical. But what makes you succeed once you’re there is the critical thinking that comes with a liberal arts emphasis," says Tom Willerer of Venrock.
ImpactAlpha, April 9 –What’s difference do Opportunity Zone tax breaks make for a commercial real estate fund? San Francisco-based real estate company M31 Capital has launched a $25 million Opportunity Fund to buy up vacant and underutilized apartment and mixed-use properties in the San Francisco Bay Area and restore them as entry-level workforce housing. M31
- Laboratoria’s Latin American coding bootcamp, New Era closes $60 million fund, smallholder farming in Myanmar and Rwanda
- Laboratoria has trained more than 1,000 women to be ready to join Latin America’s digital workforce.