- Kinvolved partner high schools have seen a 13x increase in average daily attendance.
- Raj Shah on opportunity zone experiments; Hamilton Lane, Aavishkaar and Polymath raise funds; Russell Family Foundation’s move to mission-investing
- The zones are “the biggest experiment today in the American economy...to tackle what I think is the biggest challenge in the American economy, which is the lack of opportunity that so many American households suffer through," says Shah.
- The foundation joins a growing list of foundations deploying more of their endowments for mission.
- Polymath Ventures is looking to raise a $100 million fund to help high-impact companies in Latin America raise early and growth stage capital
- The Private equity firm joins the ranks of Bain Capital, TPG, and KKR in launching a dedicated impact investing fund.
ImpactAlpha, November 5 – Aavishkaar wants to increase investment activity in Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar with its eighth fund. The India-based impact investor has a fundraising target of $300 million, DealStreetAsia reports. “We are avoiding India and China [with the fund], and looking more at smaller markets which have un-utilized potential,” Aavishkaar’s Vineet Rai said.