- The North Philly startup buys “ugly” but ripe fruits and vegetables directly from farmers and sells them at a discount to grocery stores via subscription service.
- Kenyan startup Taz Technologies aims to fill delivery gaps for the majority of Kenyans without a postal box with its mobile delivery system.
- More innovation, and low-cost risk capital, is needed to meet global healthcare demand.
- “We have seen a steady increase in teams with social missions applying for the summer venture incubation program,” i-Lab’s Jodi Goldstein told ImpactAlpha.
- Interrupting implicit bias, Aunt Bertha’s connections, pay-by-the-hour insurance, Entrepreneurs Impact Summit
- Hidden prejudices show up in health and education outcomes that divide along racial lines. Implicit bias shapes capital markets as well.
Good Money, a startup banking platform, committed to move at least $5 billion “to a values-based system financial system where every customer is an owner.” An employment service, 70 Million Jobs, pledged to facilitate the employment of one million formerly incarcerated men and women over 10 years. And the investment firm FullCycle promised to invest