- The app-based bus company runs bus routes for individuals and companies in major Indian cities, including Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- BlackRock’s new debt funds signal an expansion of ESG’s relevance and application to emerging markets investment opportunities.
- "We’ve learned that Pay for Success is not the end in and of itself—it’s a means to the end of getting better outcomes for people."
It’s going to take years for utilities’ grids to reach remote villages in Africa, if they ever do. Standalone solar home systems are filling some of the gap. But in many cases local “mini-grids” that can power businesses, schools and other loads are the least-cost option with the broadest social and economic benefits. Investors put
- “Our initiative aims to identify and nurture fintech start-ups to generate innovative ideas which will help make financial products and services more accessible to this critical mass of Indians,” said JP Morgan’s Kalpana Morparia
- The startup caters to American workers who are looking for gig-work, whether because they can’t find full-time work, or because their full-time work pay isn’t enough.
- The initiative has now backed 20 companies with $100,000 each, provided tailored technical assistance and delivered access to a dedicated network of investors.