- Banco Solidario was started in 1996 to provide small business loans, savings accounts and insurance to Ecuadorians without access to financial services.
- Future-proofing long-term portfolios, Big Food's sustainability leaders, Fig’s $2.6M for community lending, Indian farming supply chains
ImpactAlpha, June 4 – The same focus on financial returns that long made social and environmental issues irrelevant to major institutional investors is now making them very relevant indeed. “The disruption to your portfolio from climate, from technology, from population growth, from urbanization – that’s coming,” says Ashby Monk, executive director of Stanford’s Global Projects Center,
- The Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index grades 60 of the largest global animal protein companies on eight social, environmental and governance issues.
- FarmFolks Agro buys produce from smallholder farmers and distributes it to grocery retailers, offering reliable and more efficient market access to its farmer partners.
- The company’s early growth is particularly focused on the aquafeed market for fish farms.
- Fig says its offering can improve partner organizations’ ability to offer loans and keep interest rates relatively low.