- Agents of Impact weekly roundup: Follow the talent with career moves, job openings, events and opportunities.
- India, soon to be the most populous country in the world, also has the most people without access to safe water, and hundreds of millions of people without toilets, electricity, or bank accounts.
- The drivers of impact alpha identified in Tideline’s “The Alpha in Impact” report can help investors access opportunities, create value and strengthen outcomes.
- Tired: Tradeoffs. Wired: Impact alpha. A growing network of private fund managers is seeking to prove out the thesis that social impact can deliver higher, not lower financial returns. The shorthand for the emerging approach may be familiar to some readers: impact alpha.
- The Brief’s Big 7: The gift of impact, the impact alpha report, the case for climate optimism, stakeholder ownership, Agent of Impact Vineet Rai
- Debt financing for impact fintechs, KKR’s global impact investment, edtech in Brazil, Opportunity Zone coordination, Sankalp takeaways
Impact investors are no stranger to private debt. But are they too shy about these instruments, right when impact-focused fintech companies need them the most? It’s a reasonable question for any institution, family office or high net worth individual intrigued by financial technology companies serving underbanked populations in developing markets. Having gained traction over the
- The investment marks KKR's first impact investment, and comes before the firm has closed its first impact investment fund.
- An executive order by President Trump creates a White House council to coordinate Opportunity Zone support from 13 federal agencies. That could include grant funding, loan guarantees, infrastructure spending and crime prevention initiatives.