- Follow the talent with ImpactAlpha’s weekly report on career moves, job openings, events and opportunities.
- The initial public offering of plant-based meat maker Beyond Meat signals the arrival to the public capital markets of a wave of innovation that will reshape how we eat.
- “Sustainability linked loans” represent a way to “pay” companies, with lower-cost capital, for boosting resource efficiency, mitigating climate risks or improving relations with local communities.
- The Brief’s Big 9: Lower-cost capital, food disruption, BRAC’s bank, advice for advisors, impact accountability, Agent of Impact Serena Williams
The Bangladesh-based NGO completed the transition of its lending-only microfinance institution into a deposit-taking bank in order to expand its services in Uganda’s rural areas. “Poor rural women, who are our primary customers, really want savings and deposits,” BRAC’s Shameran Abed told ImpactAlpha. “Sometimes the people they’re saving from are the male members of their
- Beyond Beyond Meat, LearnStart early learning fund, streamlining emergency rooms, infrastructure-as-a-service, NY’s creative economy, forest revenues
- The fund raised $4 million in anchor funding from Gary Community Investments and ZOMA Foundation, a Walton family initiative, ImpactAlpha has learned.
- Vital's funding round was led by First Round Capital and DFJ, with backing from Bragiel Brothers, Meridian Street Capital, Refactor Capital, and SV Angel and several angel investors.