- “We’ve now seen what happens when the arrogance of Wall Street wealth meets the marketing opportunity of impact investing,” writes Jed Emerson
- The new new thing in tech accelerators? The opportunity in social and environmental risks.
- Follow the talent with ImpactAlpha’s weekly report on career moves, job openings, events and opportunities.
- “As a result of the charges of personal misconduct against Bill McGlashan, we have placed Mr. McGlashan on indefinite administrative leave effective immediately,” a TPG spokesperson said.
- Techstars impact, SF Foundation’s $50 million mandate, professional women unite, reclaiming the impact narrative
ImpactAlpha, March 18 – Workplace startups are mostly geared towards desk workers – think think Zoom, Slack or Trello. Copenhagen-based Whispr wants to change that with voice-guided tools for workers in deskless jobs, like transport, hospitality, healthcare, and construction. Whispr’s app allows workers to ask for information or guidance hands-free. “We are returning to the original and
ImpactAlpha, March 18 – The New York-based startup launched in 2015 with the aim of helping professional women learn about companies and find jobs with women and family-friendly policies and work cultures. The company has raised a $10 million Series A round from GSV Accelerate and Signal Peak Ventures. Fairygodboss was founded by former Dow Jones executives
ImpactAlpha, March 18 – The Bay Area-based community foundation is moving $50 million into investments that are aligned with its mission to building inclusive prosperity and racial equity in and around San Francisco. The commitment represents 6.3% of its $800 million endowment. The San Francisco Foundation is among the 17% of foundations in the U.S. that are
- The Brief’s Big 7: Scaling with integrity, Rise Fund’s Varsity Blues, catalytic capital club, underestimated founders, talent mobilization