- The demand for later-stage 'inclusive fintech' investments is driving a new round of activity to stock the pipeline of earlier-stage companies as well.
- Even Jed acknowledged progress in a conversation for ImpactAlpha’s Measure Better series, produced in partnership with Acumen. Lean Data, Emerson says, has lowered the cost and timeline of impact measurement, and could potentially raise the bar for the quality of data as well.
- When it comes to putting impact deals together, intermediaries deserve as much credit, recognition, and praise as name-brand funders and investors.
- Best-in-class impact talent, opportunity zone rules, Runway Project takes off, green bonds in Taiwan, Amazon backs Closed Loop
- The U.S. Treasury on Friday released the first of two tranches of proposed regulatory guidance on opportunity zone investments.
New Revivalists is a series from ImpactAlpha and Village Capital profiling the people, places and policies reviving entrepreneurship — and the American Dream. New Revivalist: Jessica Norwood, The Runway Project Place: Oakland, Calif. Mission: To help close the racial wealth gap with friends-and-family pre-seed capital for black entrepreneurs. Follow: www.therunwayproject.org Jessica Norwood didn’t set out to create
- Board directors and senior leaders at organizations are finally waking up to the fact that they need a clear strategy for aligning purpose and profit.
- San Francisco-based venture capital firm Hack VC led the round, which included participation from FINCA Ventures and the Norrsken Foundation.
- A total of $389 billion in green bonds have been issued worldwide—part of the larger $1.5 trillion climate bond universe. Three quarters of green bonds have been issued in just three currencies: U.S. dollars, euros and Chinese yuan.
- Amazon joins the ranks of Nestlé, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, and Unilever supporting Closed Loop’s initiative to improve recycling and cut manufacturing waste.