- The U.S. Treasury on Friday released the first of two tranches of proposed regulatory guidance on opportunity zone investments.
- Board directors and senior leaders at organizations are finally waking up to the fact that they need a clear strategy for aligning purpose and profit.
- Mexico City-based Financiamiento Progresemos is a non-bank financial institution that serves Mexico’s micro- and small- entrepreneurs.
- The Food Securities Fund was launched in 2016 to link investors interested in sustainable agriculture to “stakeholders working with smallholder farmers to promote rural economic development, food security and climate smart agriculture.”
- Smartphone penetration in Pakistan, as nearly everywhere in the world, is changing the accessibility and reach of financial services for traditional underserved customers.
- Best-in-class impact talent, opportunity zone rules, Runway Project takes off, green bonds in Taiwan, Amazon backs Closed Loop
New Revivalists is a series from ImpactAlpha and Village Capital profiling the people, places and policies reviving entrepreneurship — and the American Dream. New Revivalist: Jessica Norwood, The Runway Project Place: Oakland, Calif. Mission: To help close the racial wealth gap with friends-and-family pre-seed capital for black entrepreneurs. Follow: www.therunwayproject.org Jessica Norwood didn’t set out to create