- PG Impact Investments I has made roughly 20 investments, including a recent $5 million loan to Tugende, a motorcycle taxi lease-to-own startup in Kampala, Uganda.
- Bamboo’s investment will serve as first-loss capital to encourage follow-on funding from other investors.
- Private-equity giant KKR hasn’t yet closed its planned $1 billion Global Impact Fund, but it has been busy warehousing deals.
ImpactAlpha, February 13 – French impact investor Investisseurs & Partenaires has reached a second close for its I&P Afrique Entrepreneurs 2 fund. The fund, which invests in African startups working on issues related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals, has raised €75 million ($84.4 million) since launching in late 2017. Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) manages
- Blue Like an Orange’s Suprotik Basu told ImpactAlpha that Cabify committed to measure improvement in road safety and carbon reduction, and to improve safety for women riders and to hire women as drivers.
- The 215 companies that have graduated from Agora's program have a 94% survival rate and have collectively raised $86 million. More than half have been women-run.
- The software supports more than 100 third-party measurement methodologies, which users can select and use, or they can develop and track their own metrics.