- ARM Pension has $1.8 billion in funds under management and reaches 700,000 people. Leapfrog did not disclose the amount of its investment.
- Vox said it made a 26% return when it sold its almost 30% stake in the company to an undisclosed insurance company.
- Tempohousing Nigeria specializes in repurposing shipping containers into low-cost housing.
ImpactAlpha, May 30 – SOCAP meets Burning Man meets TechCrunch Disrupt this month at the second annual Katapult Future Festival in Oslo, Norway. The future-fest drew 650 impact investors, technologists and agents of impact from around the globe (including her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit!) to put forward exponential solutions to exponential problems. Here are
- The gap... There’s a 47 percentage point gap between private-equity limited partners who say they consider environmental and social impact when making investments and those who have dedicated allocations to impact investing
- More capital... The fund’s first close was expected in late 2017, but was reportedly 25% higher than the initial target.
- Co-investment… The fund lets institutional investors co-invest with FMO in loans to financial institutions, clean energy projects and agribusiness in developing markets.
- Sustainable infrastructure commitments… The plan calls for the formation of a ‘Clean Investment Club’ of asset owners, who would allocate 2% of portfolios to sustainable infrastructure by 2020 and 5% by 2025.
- Closing gaps… By 2025, that commitment would mobilize half a trillion dollars a year to sustainable infrastructure and cover about a third of the estimated private sector funding gap.
- Priority sectors… The plan prioritizes blended-finance strategies for resilient cities and sustainable land-use.