- The organization closed a $1 million funding round from Amplio Ventures, Marigold Capital, Omidyar Network, Next Wave Impact, Silicon Valley Social Ventures and the Kuo Sharper Fund.
- Plastic waste is a global crisis. Investing to prevent plastic waste is an investment opportunity.
ImpactAlpha, June 13 – Grupo Cimcorp, one of Brazil’s largest information technology service providers, lined up an undisclosed amount of financing to acquire a local software company. Blue like an Orange Sustainable Capital, the debt fund founded by former World Bank officials to finance the Sustainable Development Goals, provided $25 million of the total financing,
ImpactAlpha, June 11 – Rural electricity has often required subsidy. The self-sufficient electricity grids known as mini-grids are no different, say a dozen impact investors with $2 billion under management. Investors including Acumen, Blue Haven Initiative, and Ceniarth, as well as Engie Powercorner, Responsability and KawiSafi Ventures are calling on donors and governments to provide results-based financing to subsidize rural connections that could
- Singapore’s $300 billion state-owned investment fund is rolling out its own private equity impact fund to invest in Asia’s social businesses.
- Zipline last month raised $120 million from a roster of investors that includes TPG Growth’s Rise Fund, investment firm Baillie Gifford, Temasek, Goldman Sachs, and Toyota Tsusho Corporation. That comes on top of a $70 million raise last year and brings Zipline’s total fundraising to $225 million.
- The four-year loan from Beneficial Returns will be used to support the sale of 300,000 filters by 2023. If the company reaches that goal, its final loan payment will be waived.