- “This alternative finance mechanism will help cities, businesses and potentially private homes to meet their basic needs, knocking off several Global Goals targets at once,” UNDP’s Dumitru Vasilescu said.
ImpactAlpha, October 8 – The Madrid-based renewable energy company, EDP Renováveis, has invested €2 million ($2.3 million) for a minority stake in Dutch off-grid solar venture SolarWorks. SolarWorks provides pay as you go home solar systems in Mozambique, where only 24% of the population has access to electricity. The capital will be used to support SolarWorks’
- The online lending firm maps "borrowers’ trading relationships for size and diversity. This enables us to understand the strength of their cash flows,” CEO Patrick Lynch told TechinAsia.
- Organizers say the pledge already has support from 130 institutions representing $6.82 trillion in assets.
ImpactAlpha, October 2 – Veganism was bound to hit the mainstream financial markets, given all the private capital investing in a meat-free future. (Or, at least, a reared-animal meat-free future. There’s that lab-grown trend, after all.) Investment firm Beyond Investing launched last year to build a pipeline of public and private investments that are vegan-friendly.
- As expected, news and announcements are streaming out of convenings in and around the 73rd UN General Assembly in New York.
- Progress towards mobilizing investment towards the Sustainable Development Goals has been slow and thin, write Rockefeller Foundation’s Lorenzo Bernasconi and Carolien de Bruin and Josephine Damstra of C-Change, an Amsterdam-based impact strategy consultant.
- They call for solutions “to achieving a step-change in the number and scale of ‘fit-for- purpose’ investment products that are SDG-aligned."