- The move into impact of the private equity giants suggests at least demand from pension funds, endowments and sovereign wealth funds that need to write large checks.
An innovative financing mechanism for drugs for neglected diseases is providing a return for impact investors. Novo Nordisk, the Danish pharmaceutical giant, disclosed that it is the buyer of a “priority review voucher” from Medicines Development for Global Health, an Australian nonprofit that won U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for moxidectin as a treatment
- The Delta Fund committed half of the fund’s capital. 3rd Creek Foundation, Chintu Gudiya Foundation, Galloway Family Foundation, Vibrant Village Foundation and the Norwegian Interhands Foundation provided the rest.
- LIC VC and Jeremy Oppenheim, founder of sustainable investment fund SYSTEMIQ, also participated.
- SteamaCo's meters allow power operators to monitor household and business energy usage, and lets customers pre-pay via mobile phone or in person through agents.
- Public and philanthropic investors helped mobilize more than $9 billion in private capital between 2012 and 2017 by deploying a variety of risk-mitigating and concessional instruments.
- In a new report, “Drones for Development,” Devex surveys the state of use of unmanned aerial vehicles in global development today and identifies ways to fulfill their potential for impact.