Project Sage has tracked at least two dozen new funds, which will be part of the new report next spring. Catalyst at Large Suzanne Biegel provides a sneak peek at a selection of the exciting and innovative new funds emerging in the field of gender-smart investing.
The 2.7 million women Kiva has reached inform the types of products and services the organization backs, in order to have the most impact on financial inclusion.
- When the U.S. Development Finance Corp. opens its doors on Oct. 1, it will be equipped with new investment tools to support female fund managers in emerging markets.
- Kijani became the first investment of a new $500,000 “mini-fund” targeting women entrepreneurs in Ethiopia and Uganda from angel network Renew, an impact investment firm based in Addis Abba.
- The generational shift is driving a new wave of innovative to tackle the challenges of parenting in the modern age—from the need for more informed healthcare for moms and newborns to juggling the demands of childcare and careers.
- Investors are moving seize “inclusion alpha.” TPG is getting in on the action.
- The four companies Valo has invested in so far include women-led and women-focused career planning site Landit; weather forecasting and climate monitoring company PlanetIQ; and AI-based manufacturing software company Atollogy.