- Kijani became the first investment of a new $500,000 “mini-fund” targeting women entrepreneurs in Ethiopia and Uganda from angel network Renew, an impact investment firm based in Addis Abba.
- The generational shift is driving a new wave of innovative to tackle the challenges of parenting in the modern age—from the need for more informed healthcare for moms and newborns to juggling the demands of childcare and careers.
- Investors are moving seize “inclusion alpha.” TPG is getting in on the action.
- The four companies Valo has invested in so far include women-led and women-focused career planning site Landit; weather forecasting and climate monitoring company PlanetIQ; and AI-based manufacturing software company Atollogy.
- Breaking into a male-dominated industry like venture capital may well be a leading indicator of ability to invest in underdeveloped markets.
- The initiative is looking to secure and deploy $1 billion over the next 15 years. In addition to the Canadian government investment, it has secured an additional $100 million in commitments from outside funders.
ImpactAlpha, May 29 – Costa Rica-based EcoEnterprises Fund launched 20 years ago to boost sustainable livelihoods in agriculture, ecotourism and forestry sectors in Latin America. Since then it has raised two funds and invested in 30 companies in 11 countries, including wild acai grower Sambazon and organic beverage company Runa. EcoEnterprises claims to have impacted more than 200,000