- Women’s livelihood… Last July, IIX raised $8 million for a Singapore-listed Women’s Livelihood Bond for low-income women in Asia.
- Up your gender-lens investing game… The Gender Equality Mainstreaming, or GEM, framework assesses gender inclusion within companies.
- BlueOrchard... was founded by the UN in 2001 as one of the world’s first commercial managers of microfinance debt investments.
- The firm says... 60% of its investees’ clients are women, one-quarter offer green loans for clean water and energy.
- Calvert’s 2004 investment in BlueOrchard... matured in 2011.
- The Ellevest Impact Portfolio... invests in funds that support women-owned businesses and other underserved groups and ESG-focused funds.
- Broader impact… Ellevest says closing the global gender pay and employment gap would boost the economy by more than the GDP of any single country.
- Indonesia-based Du’Anyam... is a handicraft retailer that works with wicker weavers, specifically pregnant women in poor farming communities...
The Financial Solutions Lab — known as FinLab — is a $3 million annual competition for startups building tools to promote financial health and inclusion in the US. A majority of American adults have difficulty managing their finances. Of the 1,000 fintech companies JPMorgan has reviewed since launching the FinLab Challenge, lack of diversity among startup founders and leadership