- The path to trillions of dollars in impact investing assets under management runs through Asia.
- The Mumbai-based company hires women to drive vehicles that take packages and food from warehouses to delivery hubs and homes.
ImpactAlpha, May 30 – SOCAP meets Burning Man meets TechCrunch Disrupt this month at the second annual Katapult Future Festival in Oslo, Norway. The future-fest drew 650 impact investors, technologists and agents of impact from around the globe (including her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit!) to put forward exponential solutions to exponential problems. Here are
- Recent deals… Backstage invested in Thurst, “a dating app for queer people of all genders” and in travel app Localeur, as well as Novoron, Solstice and Pilotly.
- Bigger tickets… With this fund, Backstage intends to do 15-20 deals of an average $1 million in size, a big jump from its original intention to write checks of between $25,000 and $100,000.
- A bigger mission… WWB’s funds—and new evaluation methodology—are part of a plan to improve gender diversity at all levels of the financial world.
- A step further… WWB is aiming to raise $100 million for the new fund.
- Women’s livelihood… Last July, IIX raised $8 million for a Singapore-listed Women’s Livelihood Bond for low-income women in Asia.
- Up your gender-lens investing game… The Gender Equality Mainstreaming, or GEM, framework assesses gender inclusion within companies.