- Consulting firm 20 Degrees is helping stock D.C.’s Opportunity Zone investment pipeline with operating business founded and led by entrepreneurs who were previously incarcerated.
- The online marketplace for agriculture is partnering with agtech fund manager FutureFoodCo and has reportedly surveyed $245 million in potential investments.
ImpactAlpha, June 26 – A decade from now, how will we know if Opportunity Zones actually helped people? That question is on the minds of community leaders and investors nationwide, from Alabama to the corridors of power in Washington and across the pages of business journals (including ImpactAlpha’s in-depth coverage). Even if new private investments flow
- A coalition of more than 70 organizations and Opportunity Zone investors are calling on Treasury to adopt a reporting framework for investments in designated Opportunity Zones.
- A common thread throughout the Forbes Opportunity Zones Summit in Newark this week: Ensuring those living and working in Opportunity Zones are empowered to use the tax incentive to take an ownership stake in their own neighborhoods.
- Rockefeller will provide funding and human resources to six cities, beginning with Newark, over two years to support city-level Chief Opportunity Zone Officers, as well as community engagement specialists.
- Jim Sorenson, an early proponent of Opportunity Zones, is seeding the fund with $10 million.