- “This alternative finance mechanism will help cities, businesses and potentially private homes to meet their basic needs, knocking off several Global Goals targets at once,” UNDP’s Dumitru Vasilescu said.
- The majority of young U.S. businesses—as much as 81% according to new research presented at last week’s Alternative Capital Summit in Denver—struggle to access venture capital or bank financing
The Global Health Investment Fund is nearly fully invested after leading a $10 million round of financing for a Menlo Park, Calif., company with a low-cost device to treat postpartum hemorrhage. The investment in Alydia Health ticks many of the boxes that spurred the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and JPMorgan Chase to launch the
- Bain Capital’s impact fund has invested an undisclosed amount to acquire two companies working in the in-home health sector
ImpactAlpha, October 8 – The Madrid-based renewable energy company, EDP Renováveis, has invested €2 million ($2.3 million) for a minority stake in Dutch off-grid solar venture SolarWorks. SolarWorks provides pay as you go home solar systems in Mozambique, where only 24% of the population has access to electricity. The capital will be used to support SolarWorks’
- To keep warming under 1.5°C and avoid the worst-case scenarios, global carbon-dioxide emissions need to be cut 45% by 2030 and reach “net zero” by around 2050, the IPCC found
- Investors with tens of billions in assets have written an open letter to incoming General Electric Co. CEO Lawrence Culp making the case that he can turnaround the Boston-based firm’s ailing valuation by becoming a leader in the global transition to clean power and transportation.