- The Zurich-based impact investor has launched a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) bond fund for European investors
- The Myanmar-based distributor of pay-as-you-go home solar systems has raised a new round of debt funding from international investors
Updates from COP 24 La la la la la. The U.S., Saudi Arabia, Russia and Kuwait objected to the COP “welcoming” the October U.N. report on the impact of a temperature rise of more than 1.5C. They want only to “take note” Institutional investors managing $32 trillion in assets called out governments to boost their ambitions
- The Belgian impact investor is backing Nicaraguan microfinance organizations Fundenuse and Micrédito in rolling out “event-based” insurance policies to 6,000 small farmers.
- A year before Paul Polman, the 62-year-old chief executive of consumer packaged goods giant Unilever announced his retirement last week, he fought an epic battle for the future of the company – and perhaps of capitalism.
- Climate adaptation has remained largely overlooked and underinvested. Now, investment funds and vehicles that target adaptation solutions are beginning to line up to move significant amounts of capital.
- What it signals: The willingness of oil and gas majors to play ball with the big capital allocators – who increasingly view climate change as a major systemic risk facing society… and their long-term portfolios – as well as Shell’s desire to be seen at the forefront of the energy transition.