- The IFC, part of the World Bank Group, is betting on the nine principles to help combat “impact washing” while providing an impact-investing onramp for institutional investors sitting on trillions.
- Mumbai-based GoBolt makes software to help India’s growing on-demand logistics sector operate more efficiently
- Social Ventures Australia is looking to raise $5 million from private investors to expand an employment training and coaching pilot in New South Wales
The annual Who’s Who of impact investing, hosted by Sir Ronald Cohen’s Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group, is convening for the fourth year. The GSG’s annual awards recognized individuals and organizations “radically reshaping how measurable impact on people and the planet is reflected in financial decision-making.” The U.S.-based family office Blue Haven Initiative was
Nike’s deal with Colin Kaepernick has added almost $6 billion to company’s market value. But what has the company contributed to the UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 16, “Peace, justice and strong institutions”? A new initiative launched ahead of the U.N. General Assembly is developing a range of benchmarks by 2023 to assess the progress
- Earlier this year, Impact Shares launched two other impact ETFs on the New York Stock Exchange: NACP, built around companies focused on minority empowerment, and WOMN to back companies that support women’s empowerment.
- While some private debt investors should come for the impact opportunity –expanding access to finance to small and midsize U.S. companies, U.S. job creation, (opportunity zones?), etc, they should stay for the risk mitigation, lower costs, potential to grow their assets.