- Japan has been staking out a leadership position in sustainable investing. Still, two of its largest industries, energy and seafood, have been slow to follow. Two recent reports call out environmental-related risks for Japan’s economy.
Proceeds from the conservation organization's first bond offering will go towards its Working Forest Fund, which is looking to bring together philanthropic and private capital to secure one million acres of U.S. forests.
- Building on its work in Mexico, the conservation nonprofit will study the potential for bringing reef insurance to Florida and Hawaii.
- News of the latest cohort comes as Techstars secured $42 million in equity financing to expand its global footprint.
- “We see this as a shift in the conservation-funding model,” Oliver Withers of the Zoological Society of London said of the rhino bond.
- A new report challenges the perception that regenerative agriculture lacks investable deals.
- The company has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from French venture capital fund Seventure Partners and India’s state-owned Oil & Natural Gas Corporation. Impact investor Ankur Capital also backed the round, alongside poultry company Srinivasa Hatcheries and the state of Karnataka’s Information and Biotechnology Venture Fund.