Long-term investment and engagement strategies have enabled faith-based investors, many of whom have small portfolios, to get the ear of corporate behemoths like Walmart on urgent social issues.
- The organization closed a $1 million funding round from Amplio Ventures, Marigold Capital, Omidyar Network, Next Wave Impact, Silicon Valley Social Ventures and the Kuo Sharper Fund.
Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.
- JPMorgan Chase’s decision to cease lending to private operators of prisons and immigrant detention centers is an example of how social risks related to human rights are increasingly treated as a “material” risk.
- Work done with hands is the second-largest employer of women in developing economies. The “handworker economy” accounts for 300 million jobs globally, says Nest, a New York nonprofit.
- The 70 million forcibly displaced people around the world represent a growing global challenge. But behind the images of border conflicts and crowded camps, a new narrative is emerging: Refugees as resilient, employable, credit-worthy and, increasingly, investable.
- The venture fund has raised $2.5 million in new capital, bringing the fund’s final close to $25.2 million.