Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.
- JPMorgan Chase’s decision to cease lending to private operators of prisons and immigrant detention centers is an example of how social risks related to human rights are increasingly treated as a “material” risk.
- Work done with hands is the second-largest employer of women in developing economies. The “handworker economy” accounts for 300 million jobs globally, says Nest, a New York nonprofit.
- The 70 million forcibly displaced people around the world represent a growing global challenge. But behind the images of border conflicts and crowded camps, a new narrative is emerging: Refugees as resilient, employable, credit-worthy and, increasingly, investable.
- The venture fund has raised $2.5 million in new capital, bringing the fund’s final close to $25.2 million.
- The socially responsible auto-investment advisor raised its Series A round with QED Investors as its lead investor
- Promise... works with defendants to be sure they appear at court dates, undergo drug testing and treatments, get to classes and meet other obligations.
- Reduces costs...The firm charges towns and counties as little as $17 per person per day, compared to $85 or more per day for jail time...