- The equity round was backed by Dutch impact investors Waterman Ventures and Pymwymic and existing backer, life sciences venture investor Van Herk Investments
- SustainVC Impact Fund II has a target fundraising goal of $25 million, half of which will be invested in women- and minority-owned businesses.
- EverlyWell’s $50 million funding round was backed by Goodwater Capital, Highland Capital Partners, Next Coast Ventures, NextGen Venture Partners, and SoGal Ventures. Check it out.
- Verv makes a home energy monitoring system that is designed to help people save on energy consumption, and trade excess energy.
- Hernán Fernández founded Angel Ventures as one of Mexico’s first angel networks a decade ago while completing his MBA at MIT. Now comprising 400 angel investors, the firm has invested in 21 companies from its first, $20 million venture fund and is raising and deploying a second fund.
Branch, which enables mobile lending, has now secured $170 million from Visa, Foundation Capital, B Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8 and Trinity Ventures.
- Fintech startup Weel provides cashflow loans to Brazil’s small businesses to help them weather variability between incoming and outgoing payments.