ImpactAlpha, June 13 – Grupo Cimcorp, one of Brazil’s largest information technology service providers, lined up an undisclosed amount of financing to acquire a local software company. Blue like an Orange Sustainable Capital, the debt fund founded by former World Bank officials to finance the Sustainable Development Goals, provided $25 million of the total financing,
- The company has raised $12 million in Series A funding to support its expansion in Latin America, India and Kenya
ImpactAlpha, May 29 – Costa Rica-based EcoEnterprises Fund launched 20 years ago to boost sustainable livelihoods in agriculture, ecotourism and forestry sectors in Latin America. Since then it has raised two funds and invested in 30 companies in 11 countries, including wild acai grower Sambazon and organic beverage company Runa. EcoEnterprises claims to have impacted more than 200,000
- Oikocredit is buying out its fellow Dutch impact investor Annona from its investment in Caravela.
- Bamboo Capital, based in Geneva, Switzerland with $290 million under management, will invest the debt and equity in companies that deliver renewable, off-grid energy, including mini grids and pay-as-you-go solar products.
- IDB Invest’s commitment is the first time Ejido Verde has received investment from “a mainstream financial institution,” Ejido Verde’s Shaun Paul said in a statement. “Until now, we have secured investment from industry insiders, Kiva, and friends and family.”
- The Refugee Investment Network and Mexico’s Secretariat of Foreign Affairs launched the Initiative for Inclusive Investment in Mexico, or 3IM, to support investments and businesses that reduce displacement and create jobs for migrants.