Medellín-based Sempli is an online lender that provides working capital loans to Colombia’s small businesses, which struggle to access affordable financial products.
Klar offers a commission-free digital credit card in Mexico, where only 15% of adults have access to credit products.
- Adobe Mezzanine Fund II has backed three ventures so far: renewable energy company HEG, education-focused startups IPETH and (most recently) Kuepa.
- News of the latest cohort comes as Techstars secured $42 million in equity financing to expand its global footprint.
- The funding round was backed by agribusiness venture capital firm SP Ventures and seed venture fund Capital Lab.
- Catalyzing “refugee-lens investing” stands out as a way to drive more durable solutions to these crises.
- Frubana raised the capital from Y Combinator and impact-focused Brazilian venture fund Monashees and several undisclosed investors.