- Agents of Impact are descending on Antigua, Guatemala this week for the fifth Foro Latinoamericano de Inversión de Impacto Centroamérica y El Caribe.
- Impact investing is caught between a stalled global agenda, represented by the Paris climate agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals, and surging populism on the left and the right that is properly skeptical of bankers, corporations, billionaires and fund managers.
Medellín-based Sempli is an online lender that provides working capital loans to Colombia’s small businesses, which struggle to access affordable financial products.
Klar offers a commission-free digital credit card in Mexico, where only 15% of adults have access to credit products.
- Adobe Mezzanine Fund II has backed three ventures so far: renewable energy company HEG, education-focused startups IPETH and (most recently) Kuepa.
- News of the latest cohort comes as Techstars secured $42 million in equity financing to expand its global footprint.
- The funding round was backed by agribusiness venture capital firm SP Ventures and seed venture fund Capital Lab.