The Gurgaon and Seoul-based startup offers utility payments, small loans and insurance products, like “mosquito insurance,” to India's prepaid mobile phone users.
Dutch development bank FMO stepped in as an equity investor, taking a 10% stake in the billion-dollar impact investing firm.
- Tech startups, like Bangalore-based OkCredit, are rolling out products and services for long-neglected small businesses that employ 70% of emerging economy workers and account for 30% of emerging-market GDP.
- Installing solar power capacity is one thing. Capturing it is another.
- The $215 billion private banking and asset management firm of the royal family of Liechtenstein took majority control of Aspada, an early-stage venture investor that has made 19 investments in India.
- “Small facilities [like this] force you to look for smaller and more difficult companies, to really go deep and look for the small gems which have a huge potential but are not seen as “bankable",” Rabobank’s Arindom Datta told ImpactAlpha.
- The Delta Fund committed half of the fund’s capital. 3rd Creek Foundation, Chintu Gudiya Foundation, Galloway Family Foundation, Vibrant Village Foundation and the Norwegian Interhands Foundation provided the rest.