Suminter works with 50,000 farmers across Africa and Asia to source its products, which are then sold in 20 countries.
- ARUN sees the potential to boost job stability and income of domestic workers, particularly women, who otherwise depend on informal “maid bureaus” to get hired.
- The funding round comes at a time when startups and lending institutions are successfully raising capital to help India’s small farmers establish market linkages and secure loans to buy agricultural supplies and equipment.
- The Quality Education India DIB aims to build on the success of a similar program that UBS Optimus Foundation funded three years ago.
- The company’s Series A round was backed by Nexus Venture Partners, Omidyar Network and Shunwei Capital.
- The move is part of a bid to help Capital Float expand into consumer lending.
- The app-based bus company runs bus routes for individuals and companies in major Indian cities, including Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad.