- Impact investors invested a total of $1.4 billion in Latin America in 2016 and 2017, a slight uptick from the previous two-year period, driven by a doubling of capital deployed by homegrown investors.
- “This alternative finance mechanism will help cities, businesses and potentially private homes to meet their basic needs, knocking off several Global Goals targets at once,” UNDP’s Dumitru Vasilescu said.
Suminter works with 50,000 farmers across Africa and Asia to source its products, which are then sold in 20 countries.
- ARUN sees the potential to boost job stability and income of domestic workers, particularly women, who otherwise depend on informal “maid bureaus” to get hired.
- The companies share a similar mission of expanding the reach of conscious and healthy food, nutrition and beauty products.
The French impact investment firm Investisseurs & Partenaires raised €21 million ($25 million) to launch and seed other impact funds in Africa. Investisseurs & Partenaires’ goal for its second I&P Développement fund is to launch 10 funds that will provide €20,000 to €500,000 in financing to 500 small businesses on the continent. Farmers, agribusinesses, and
- The online lending firm maps "borrowers’ trading relationships for size and diversity. This enables us to understand the strength of their cash flows,” CEO Patrick Lynch told TechinAsia.