- Kapor Capital noted that its investment in the firm was based on the company’s potential to provide “well-designed, well-constructed housing” to people “across the entire socioeconomic spectrum.”
- The statement from nearly 200 CEOs redefining ‘corporate purpose’ to include customers, workers, communities and suppliers, along with shareholders, catches them up with business leaders, not to mention impact investors. Put another way, the Business Roundtable is a lagging, not leading, indicator.
- The two-year-old startup has secured funding PBT Ventures, Accion Venture Lab, Financial Venture Studio and Techstars.
An innovative financing mechanism for drugs for neglected diseases is providing a return for impact investors. Novo Nordisk, the Danish pharmaceutical giant, disclosed that it is the buyer of a “priority review voucher” from Medicines Development for Global Health, an Australian nonprofit that won U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for moxidectin as a treatment
- Adobe Mezzanine Fund II has backed three ventures so far: renewable energy company HEG, education-focused startups IPETH and (most recently) Kuepa.
- “Small facilities [like this] force you to look for smaller and more difficult companies, to really go deep and look for the small gems which have a huge potential but are not seen as “bankable",” Rabobank’s Arindom Datta told ImpactAlpha.
- Crawley's two planks are Kiva Capital, a fund manager that leverages Kiva’s proven distribution system for underwriting loans; and Kiva Protocol, a digital identity scheme that could play a key role in the fintech infrastructure for inclusive financial services.