- There's not just one advantage of looking at investments through a gender lens. At the outset of ImpactAlpha's Agents of Impact conference call last month, Catalyst at Large Suzanne Biegel ticked off a half-dozen or more.
- The maternal and infant care venture has screened over 26,000 women in Nigeria, many from rural communities where mortality rates are higher than cities, and detected over 15,000 high-risk pregnancies.
- Bay Area-based Charlie is a personal finance service that aims to make it easier for people who are traditionally underserved by financial services to ask financial questions, budget, alleviate debt, and work towards savings goals.
- The female-run nut-butter company sources its ingredients from U.S. farmers and sells its products in retailers across the country.
- The U.S. development finance institution has agreed to invest the capital in impact investor Global Partnerships’ Impact-First Development Fund
- ImpactAlpha’s Agents of Impact Call No. 5 will help you start to get gender-smart about the new funds, investment products and initiatives that are driving impact alpha with gender-lens investing.
Fearless Girl has some explaining to do. State Street Global Advisors installed the statue of a defiant girl standing her ground in front of Wall Street’s Charging Bull last year in part to market its SHE exchange-traded fund. The statue’s original plaque (later removed) read: “Know the power of women in leadership. SHE makes