ImpactAlpha, October 21 – Entrepreneurship drives economic renewal, but how can cities foster entrepreneurship? The folks at Revolution and The Rise of the Rest Fund have a suggestion: create a physical space. “The most successful emerging ecosystems recognize that scaling a startup requires network density — being in close, regular contact with other creators who
- The biggest barriers to growth: a lack of investable deals and the need for more evidence of social and financial performance.
- Japan has been staking out a leadership position in sustainable investing. Still, two of its largest industries, energy and seafood, have been slow to follow. Two recent reports call out environmental-related risks for Japan’s economy.
- Private equity investors seeking impact in emerging markets are grappling with risk on both fronts.
- The successor to the Overseas Private Investment Corp. was set to begin operations Oct 1, but most of the new capacities are on hold pending the passage of a federal budget.
- "In just 10 years we’ve built an industry,” declared the GIIN’s Amit Bouri. “But we need to move capital at a vastly different scale” to meet the many challenges we face.
- At its investor forum in Amsterdam today, the Global Impact Investing Network is out with two reports that demonstrate how to aggregate and compare impact across sets of investments.