- A coalition of more than 70 organizations and Opportunity Zone investors are calling on Treasury to adopt a reporting framework for investments in designated Opportunity Zones.
- In its first year, according to the Overseas Private Investment Corp., which financed the bond with the Netri Foundation, the institute screened 50,000 patients and conducted 2,300 surgeries
- PRIME is bringing its "Emissions Reduction Potential” online, open-source, and available to any early stage investor or venture.
ImpactAlpha, June 11 – Rural electricity has often required subsidy. The self-sufficient electricity grids known as mini-grids are no different, say a dozen impact investors with $2 billion under management. Investors including Acumen, Blue Haven Initiative, and Ceniarth, as well as Engie Powercorner, Responsability and KawiSafi Ventures are calling on donors and governments to provide results-based financing to subsidize rural connections that could
- For a dozen years, Halloran Philanthropies has been building the field of social impact investing with both grants and investments.
- The tagline was The Future Now. It might as well have been The Future is Female. The 9th annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit, a joint initiative by the U.S. and Dutch governments, convened this week in the Dutch city of The Hague (my new home).
- A tweet about barriers to access to capital for entrepreneurs sparked an outpouring of ideas for removing them.