- It's a thing... Corporate venture capital is a thing. And that thing is converging on impact investing.
- Latest ROI podcast... Our roundtable on ImpactAlpha’s Returns on Investment podcast took up the topic; have a listen as the journalists in the bunch turn the tables on the corporate impact investor in our midst.
- Pension and sovereign funds... are showing strong and growing interest in impact themes of climate risk, resources risk and social risk.
- The play... They're "looking for strategies that take advantage of sustainability-oriented themes or threats, and allow them to play that strategy.” –– Dave Chen, the head of Equilibrium Capital
- The takeaway: By finding inventive ways to make social inclusion and environmental regeneration pay, innovative financing models are “internalizing positive externalities”...
There’s a lot of confusion around the term “impact investing.” A recent panel discussion in New York tried to clear it up. https://medium.com/media/0f35431af3ca58a000dfdb54bb1ea33d/href The fintech company Liquidnet hosted the panel,“Demystifying Impact Investing,” at its New York offices, in collaboration with the Tristate Area Africa Funders Network. Brian Trelstad of Bridges Fund Management set the stage, explaining
It should come as no surprise to regular listeners of ImpactAlpha’s Returns on Investment podcasts that Imogen Rose-Smith doesn’t think much of the slew of research studies and white papers released each year in time for International Women’s Day every year. “Lazy,” “simplistic” and “bullshit” are a few of her more mild reactions. https://medium.com/media/2a29f424f96f9ba4cb17ffbc5127f8e9/href “To
Take a look toward the future, and often California is already there. But when it comes to innovation hubs as drivers of job creation and shared wealth, is California the model America’s second- and third-tier cities really want to follow? https://medium.com/media/40415992db79ed6bb8b1e6394297ee5e/href “You’re finding germs of California happening in lots of places,” says ImpactAlpha’s David Bank, a
https://medium.com/media/3d00d5e88e98241121e7b5571705e79a/href A decade ago, no one had heard of AirBnB, Uber, Spotify, Instagram or Snap. Or “impact investing.” The term was coined, or at least adopted, at a 2007 gathering hosted by the Rockefeller Foundation at their Bellagio retreat center on Lake Como in the Italian alps. There was a follow-on Bellagio gathering in 2008