- Private-equity giant KKR hasn’t yet closed its planned $1 billion Global Impact Fund, but it has been busy warehousing deals.
ImpactAlpha, February 13 – French impact investor Investisseurs & Partenaires has reached a second close for its I&P Afrique Entrepreneurs 2 fund. The fund, which invests in African startups working on issues related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals, has raised €75 million ($84.4 million) since launching in late 2017. Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) manages
- Nordic Microfinance Initiative, Serum Institute of India’s Adar Poonawalla and other investors backed the Mumbai-based microlender.
- The new funding will provide exits for early investors, which include Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Bamboo Capital Partners, venture capitalist Sajid Fazalbhoy and angel investor Rajiv Dadlani.
- Blue Like an Orange’s Suprotik Basu told ImpactAlpha that Cabify committed to measure improvement in road safety and carbon reduction, and to improve safety for women riders and to hire women as drivers.
- São Paulo-based Adianta allows small and medium-sized businesses in Brazil to access same-day credit and working capital through its online platform.
- Cape Town-based Newtown Partners and Lion Pride Investment Holdings in Johannesburg have announced plans to raise and co-manage a ZAR500 million ($37.4 million) fund that will in invest in small and medium-sized South African enterprises.
- The 215 companies that have graduated from Agora's program have a 94% survival rate and have collectively raised $86 million. More than half have been women-run.