ImpactAlpha, Aug. 2 – Today’s news used to be tomorrow’s fish wrap. The weekly conversations with hosts Monique Aiken and Brian Walsh on ImpactAlpha’s “Impact Briefing” podcast remain fresh long after they air.
We’ve cut straight to the chase (skipping the headlines) and queued up seven of the best discussions of the year so far, on topics from racial justice to shareholder democracy to African entrepreneurship. Take the ImpactAlpha team and our special guests in the car, the subway, the beach or wherever you listen.
- Big Oil’s Big Reckoning. Amy Cortese and David Bank join Brian to dive into Engine No. 1 and the big shakeup on Exxon’s board.
- “The Curb-Cut Effect.” PolicyLink‘s Michael McAfee joins Monique to explore a key strategy for closing the racial wealth gap.
- Corporate Board Diversity and ESG. NYU’s Tensie Whalen talks with Brian about how board leadership on environmental and social issues – or the lack of it – materially affects corporate performance.
- Private Capital Eyes Public Policy. B Lab’s Andrew Kassoy and Monique discuss why impact-driven businesses and investors are stepping up their policy advocacy.
- African Impact tech. Jessica Pothering and Monique recap our reporting on African tech entrepreneurs who are stepping up to the continent’s challenges.
- Risks, Returns, and Innovation in Emerging Markets. Jessica, David and Brian explore innovative financial structures that are unlocking capital in emerging markets.
- Truth in ESG Advertising. Roundtable regulars Imogen, Brian, and David dissect a “sustainable” land deal in Hawaii.
Every Friday, the Impact Briefing podcast brings you what you need to know from the week in impact investing, along with insightful analysis and conversation – all in under 20 minutes.
New episodes of the Impact Briefing are released every Friday on Apple, Spotify, Anchor and other major platforms. Be sure to subscribe, rate and review the show wherever you listen. Coming soon: A roundup of the best of ImpactAlpha’s podcast series, The Reconstruction.