- The startup’s $3.5 million round was led by Main Sequence Ventures, the manager of CSIRO’s Innovation Fund.
- LIC VC and Jeremy Oppenheim, founder of sustainable investment fund SYSTEMIQ, also participated.
- Kijani became the first investment of a new $500,000 “mini-fund” targeting women entrepreneurs in Ethiopia and Uganda from angel network Renew, an impact investment firm based in Addis Abba.
- The generational shift is driving a new wave of innovative to tackle the challenges of parenting in the modern age—from the need for more informed healthcare for moms and newborns to juggling the demands of childcare and careers.
- Among this year’s cohort are Aliro, an online service that helps immigrants apply for U.S. citizenship and cleantech venture MicroRio, which uses bacteria to produce affordable PHA plastic bottles from methane.
- Investors are moving seize “inclusion alpha.” TPG is getting in on the action.
Good Money, a startup banking platform, committed to move at least $5 billion “to a values-based system financial system where every customer is an owner.” An employment service, 70 Million Jobs, pledged to facilitate the employment of one million formerly incarcerated men and women over 10 years. And the investment firm FullCycle promised to invest