Project Sage has tracked at least two dozen new funds, which will be part of the new report next spring. Catalyst at Large Suzanne Biegel provides a sneak peek at a selection of the exciting and innovative new funds emerging in the field of gender-smart investing.
The 2.7 million women Kiva has reached inform the types of products and services the organization backs, in order to have the most impact on financial inclusion.
- The Solve Innovation Future fund, a donor advised fund, has raised $3.5 million towards a $30 million goal, and will make debt and equity investments of up to $200,000, using a standard set of terms to keep underwriting costs low.
- When the U.S. Development Finance Corp. opens its doors on Oct. 1, it will be equipped with new investment tools to support female fund managers in emerging markets.
- The global consulting firm, which has advised impact initiatives for decades, launched its own fund to move more capital.
- The startup’s $3.5 million round was led by Main Sequence Ventures, the manager of CSIRO’s Innovation Fund.
- LIC VC and Jeremy Oppenheim, founder of sustainable investment fund SYSTEMIQ, also participated.