ImpactAlpha, April 22 – Tennis mega-star Serena Williams has (not-so-quietly) invested millions over the last five years into dozens of diverse-led and impactful startups. Last week, Williams formally unveiled the full portfolio of Serena Ventures, which “invests in companies that embrace diverse leadership, individual empowerment, creativity and opportunity,” according to its website. There’s Mayvenn, the online marketplace
- EverlyWell’s $50 million funding round was backed by Goodwater Capital, Highland Capital Partners, Next Coast Ventures, NextGen Venture Partners, and SoGal Ventures. Check it out.
- The company launched in 2016 and recently passed $100 million in assets under management.
- The company has developed an app called Elvie Trainer, a pelvic muscle toning app, and a silent wearable breast pump called Elvie Pump.
- “Every single month during your period, your body is providing you with a natural biopsy when it sheds your endometrial lining,” the company writes on its website. “What could we learn if we had the tools to listen?”
- European institutional investors representing €12 trillion gathered in the Netherlands yesterday at Phenix Capital's fifth Impact Summit Europe to share strategies for optimizing – and scaling – impact.
- Haven Connect's mission to get more people into affordable housing faster attracted a mix of traditional and impact venture capitalists and angel investors.