- OPIC, MicroVest, and Germany’s Bank Im Bistum Essen have committed $17 million to support the organization in the mission it started in 1999: to provide microfinance services to women in low-income communities.
Southeast Asia’s mix of democracies, military dictatorships and communist governments, alongside economies at various levels of development present a challenge for regional investment strategies. A tech-connected and youthful population with a growing affinity for entrepreneurship, however, make it an emerging hotspot for impact investing. About 60 impact investors have placed about $900 million into 225
- The deal marks the fifth education investment from the TPG Growth impact investing fund.
- The best investors see opportunities where others don’t. To see the unseen, a new crop of investors is going beyond “trusting your gut” to building gender bias analysis into their investment decision making.
- If the Women’s March, the #MeToo movement and the growing awareness of inequities in access to capital raised the questions, gender-lens investing has become at least part of the answer.
- Dell has created blueprints for how 10 cities could foster high-potential women entrepreneurs.
- The Atlanta-based impact investor invested an undisclosed amount in RedBird Health Tech through its women-focused $5 million coLABS fund