World Vision is tapping a uniquely Australian bond structure to raise A$20 million to expand its microfinance services.
- New funds targeting the conversion of traditional businesses to worker-ownership are structuring terms to meet the needs of owners without putting undue risk on workers
- The fund could provide much-needed support to CDFIs working in underserved communities and help strengthen an emergent class of community-led investment funds, such as the REAL People’s Fund in Oakland.
The Washington, D.C.-based company's has developed an analytics platform that helps healthcare providers and community organizations understand the health risks and costs of food insecurity or housing instability.
- In 2018, the top 100 U.S.-based cooperatives raked in a combined $222 billion in revenues, according to an annual tally by National Cooperative Bank.
- A “quiet revolution” is transforming the work of regenerating cities, particularly in underinvested urban areas.
- The New York Times columnist David Brooks wants to build a national movement of social fabric “weavers.” Oakland’s already on the case.