- When the U.S. Development Finance Corp. opens its doors on Oct. 1, it will be equipped with new investment tools to support female fund managers in emerging markets.
- MPOWER fits among a small cohort of organizations developing student-centric models to finance education.
- Movie makers and video game producers have what mission-driven investors want: impact at scale.
The program is designed to help participants overcome barriers commonly faced by founders of color, such as racial bias in fundraising and operating in “entrepreneurial deserts.”
- As unicorns lose their magic, a type of startup of a distinctly different stripe is emerging as an alternative.
- By 2030, South Africa wants to reduce coal's role in its energy mix to 46% and boost clean and renewably-based generation to more than 30% (including hydro and nuclear power).
- Viewing the world through the VC lens “limits the range of opportunities investors can access for returns,” write Village Capital’s Rob Tashima and Zebras Unite’s Astrid Scholz.