- The abundance of equity capital that may be headed to America’s poorest communities through such tax-incentivised funds by itself won’t transform neighborhoods for the better.
- JPMorgan Chase’s philanthropically-backed initiative to get more capital into the hands of minority entrepreneurs is expanding to Chicago.
- The digital media company has grown rapidly since launching in 2014 by delivering lifestyle, tech and finance content geared towards black millenials.
- “The goal is to have a platform that’s a barometer for social prioritization,” Impact Shares’ Ethan Powell told ImpactAlpha.
- Racial equity investing isn’t about ticking a diversity box. It’s about understanding and investing to tackle social inequities in the U.S. that largely divide along racial lines.
ImpactAlpha, Rome, July 10 –– The Vatican’s interest in impact investing in the last few years has coincided with the growth in the number of refugees and migrants worldwide. At the Third Vatican Conference on Impact Investing in Rome this week, refugees and migrants were top of mind both on the panels and in the halls.
- Eight startups have received seed funding from the New Voices Fund, a $100 million fund launched last November