- “We’re trying to democratize the data information on the retail sector,” says Frogtek’s Montse Mora.
ImpactAlpha, April 22 – Tennis mega-star Serena Williams has (not-so-quietly) invested millions over the last five years into dozens of diverse-led and impactful startups. Last week, Williams formally unveiled the full portfolio of Serena Ventures, which “invests in companies that embrace diverse leadership, individual empowerment, creativity and opportunity,” according to its website. There’s Mayvenn, the online marketplace
- Ascension Ventures led the firm's funding round via its Fair by Design social impact fund, whose mandate is to invest in companies remedying the “poverty premium” that poor people often pay to access basic goods and services.
- MyVillage is trying to make quality early education programs affordable and accessible in rural parts of the U.S.
- The company launched in 2016 and recently passed $100 million in assets under management.
- “Every single month during your period, your body is providing you with a natural biopsy when it sheds your endometrial lining,” the company writes on its website. “What could we learn if we had the tools to listen?”
- The program will support the acceleration of 15 ventures demonstrating how advanced technologies are reshaping the workforce and supporting workforce re-skilling and up-skilling.