- S3 Ventures led the firm's $5.5 million Series A equity round. Shasta Ventures, Sierra Ventures, Holt Ventures, Wild Basin Investments, and Shelter Capital Partners also participated.
- A spate of announcements make for a trend in private equity: bigger raises for “impact” and “sustainability” funds, and bigger ticket sizes for deals explicitly targeting global challenges.
- Jim Sorenson, an early proponent of Opportunity Zones, is seeding the fund with $10 million.
- The company has 500 clients, including UPS, PayPal, and Vodafone, and has facilitated more than 25,000 job appointments since launching in 2016.
- ZOMA Capital and Strada Education Network joined existing investors New Markets Venture Partners, University Ventures, Pearson, Lumina Foundation, and Lion Brothers Company in the round.
- A £1.5 million ($1.96 million) financing round was led by U.K venture capital firms Si2 Fund, Triplepoint and and Ascension Ventures. Wayra UK and ClearlySo also participated.
The Chennai-based skills and jobs platform delivers instructional programming videos in regional languages, tech mentorship and jobs leads to aspiring tech engineers in India.