- Two-thirds of Latin America’s young people don’t advance into higher education. Crehana is trying to combat high youth unemployment rates by making professional and technical skills more affordable and accessible.
- The firm's Series A round was backed by Blue Haven Ventures, Zephyr Acorn, Compass Venture Capital and Potencia Ventures.
- The idea is simple but execution has been hard: helping local investors invest in local entrepreneurs to revive local communities, all across the U.S. Ross Baird, the founder of Village Capital, has formed Blueprint Local to assemble the pieces for such local entrepreneurial revivals.
The Series D funding round was led by Al Gore’s venture capital firm Generation Investment Management. Existing investors Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, and CRE Venture Capital also backed the round.
- Lambda is among a growing number of institutions testing the so-called “income share agreement” model to close education opportunity and employment gaps.
- A $30 million Series B funding round led by Danish billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen will support the institution’s goal of teaching three million African students by 2035 by funding expansion of its leadership and technical skills training centers.