- It took four years for Dolma Impact Fund to raise its first fund in Nepal, and only took two years to achieve its first exit.
The San Francisco-based company employs nearly 3,000 data reviewers in East Africa to tag photos and annotate other data sources for Fortune 500 companies.
Guild Education's fresh $157 million in equity funding is the latest transaction in what’s becoming a frothy workforce development venture capital market.
- New funds targeting the conversion of traditional businesses to worker-ownership are structuring terms to meet the needs of owners without putting undue risk on workers
- Roughly half of returning World War II veterans and 40% of Korean War vets started their own ventures. Since 9/11, less than 5% have pursued their own ventures.
- The fund could provide much-needed support to CDFIs working in underserved communities and help strengthen an emergent class of community-led investment funds, such as the REAL People’s Fund in Oakland.
- In 2018, the top 100 U.S.-based cooperatives raked in a combined $222 billion in revenues, according to an annual tally by National Cooperative Bank.