- Impact investors are driving more capital to America’s affordable housing shortage.
- Gurgaon, India-based Aye Finance helps India’s small business owners access working capital and credit to grow their businesses.
- The Treasury Department certified 8,700 census tracts across the U.S. that are eligible for investments by new Opportunity Funds
- ARM Pension has $1.8 billion in funds under management and reaches 700,000 people. Leapfrog did not disclose the amount of its investment.
- The loan from Community Housing Capital and Calvert Impact Capital will allow the nonprofit to restore 150 homes, removing blight, creating jobs and stabilizing communities.
The passage of the Investing in Opportunity Act created equal parts enthusiasm and anxiety. Now, worry has, at least in part, begun to shift toward a mobilization of resources, networks and identified best practices for effective community investment. The provision of last year’s U.S. tax bill lets investors defer and even reduce capital gains taxes by
- The deal highlights the impact, and financial, potential of the creative economy, a sector still largely untapped by impact investors.