A healthy environment for startups begins with a targeted investment in the systems nurturing founders and budding entrepreneurs. That’s been the driving philosophy for Durham-based NC Idea Foundation, which since 2006 has invested millions to support maturing startup cultures in cities and towns across North Carolina. The privately-funded foundation has supported more than 250 North
- ARUN sees the potential to boost job stability and income of domestic workers, particularly women, who otherwise depend on informal “maid bureaus” to get hired.
- The companies share a similar mission of expanding the reach of conscious and healthy food, nutrition and beauty products.
- The majority of young U.S. businesses—as much as 81% according to new research presented at last week’s Alternative Capital Summit in Denver—struggle to access venture capital or bank financing
- The school made a name for itself with a $20,000 curriculum that teaches coding and software engineering education to students of all backgrounds, and requires them to pay nothing upfront
- Financial Solutions Lab is targeting financial health of American workers for its fifth fintech solutions challenge
- Mumbai-based GoBolt makes software to help India’s growing on-demand logistics sector operate more efficiently