- Japan has been staking out a leadership position in sustainable investing. Still, two of its largest industries, energy and seafood, have been slow to follow. Two recent reports call out environmental-related risks for Japan’s economy.
The loan will increase the bank’s business lending capacity to accelerate growth, advance employment and positively contribute to Bangladesh’s economy, CDC says.
Dutch development bank FMO stepped in as an equity investor, taking a 10% stake in the billion-dollar impact investing firm.
- Jakarta-based JULO uses proprietary credit scoring technology to offer affordable, unsecured consumer loans to Indonesians.
- Japan is staking out a leadership position in sustainable investing.
- The private equity firm is looking to raise up to $500 million to invest in healthcare firms expanding access and filling service gaps across Asia.
- The swell of plant-based food and consumer products means consumers need to find and share information about them more easily.