- The online lending firm maps "borrowers’ trading relationships for size and diversity. This enables us to understand the strength of their cash flows,” CEO Patrick Lynch told TechinAsia.
- SOLshare effectively allows villages to create decentralized solar-based minigrids.
- The off-grid solar lender is looking to raise $85 million to finance companies making solar products for off-grid households in Asia and Africa
- Conservation organization Rare developed the fund around a mission to supporting sustainable coastal fisheries—both in terms of ecological and livelihood impact—in Indonesia and the Philippines.
- The Dutch climate-focused investment firm made the investment from its $535 million Climate Investor One fund.
- For Brac, the impact fund represents the $140 million organization’s acceleration towards a market-based development approach.
It’s going to take years for utilities’ grids to reach remote villages in Africa, if they ever do. Standalone solar home systems are filling some of the gap. But in many cases local “mini-grids” that can power businesses, schools and other loads are the least-cost option with the broadest social and economic benefits. Investors put