- “This alternative finance mechanism will help cities, businesses and potentially private homes to meet their basic needs, knocking off several Global Goals targets at once,” UNDP’s Dumitru Vasilescu said.
ImpactAlpha, October 8 – The Madrid-based renewable energy company, EDP Renováveis, has invested €2 million ($2.3 million) for a minority stake in Dutch off-grid solar venture SolarWorks. SolarWorks provides pay as you go home solar systems in Mozambique, where only 24% of the population has access to electricity. The capital will be used to support SolarWorks’
- To keep warming under 1.5°C and avoid the worst-case scenarios, global carbon-dioxide emissions need to be cut 45% by 2030 and reach “net zero” by around 2050, the IPCC found
- Investors with tens of billions in assets have written an open letter to incoming General Electric Co. CEO Lawrence Culp making the case that he can turnaround the Boston-based firm’s ailing valuation by becoming a leader in the global transition to clean power and transportation.
- Conservation International and The Nature Conservancy are designing a pay-for-success program designed to encourage hydroelectric plant owners to invest in forest conservation.
- In all, BEV has made nine investments and has committed about 10% of its fund.
- SOLshare effectively allows villages to create decentralized solar-based minigrids.