- The app-based bus company runs bus routes for individuals and companies in major Indian cities, including Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
It’s going to take years for utilities’ grids to reach remote villages in Africa, if they ever do. Standalone solar home systems are filling some of the gap. But in many cases local “mini-grids” that can power businesses, schools and other loads are the least-cost option with the broadest social and economic benefits. Investors put
Alaska’s supply chain was precarious even before melting permafrost and Arctic ice put the state on the front lines of climate change. The state’s vast scale—bigger than Texas, California, and Montana combined—has long presented unique challenges in delivering food, energy and vital services to remote regions sometimes only accessible by seaplane or dog sled. All
- The fund has raised $36.6 million after launching as Nepal’s first private equity and impact investing fund in 2014.
- The Harare, Zimbabwe-based company sells pay-as-you-go solar home systems for the majority of Zimbabwe’s 15.6 million citizens who live off the grid
- The El Segundo, Calif.-based firm provides cloud-based electric vehicle charging solutions for businesses and organizations in the U.S.
- With the new funding, SolarHome will expand across Myanmar, and into Cambodia and Indonesia by the end of this year.