- The deal highlights the impact, and financial, potential of the creative economy, a sector still largely untapped by impact investors.
ImpactAlpha, June 12 – Municipal bonds are literally private investments in public goods, making them perhaps the original impact investments. About $435 billion in U.S. municipal bonds were issued last year to investors to finance projects with impact, including parks and schools, roads and bridges, clean energy installations and municipal broadband. But the muni-market has become
- As impact investment assets within traditional investment firms grow, so will questions about impact.
- In the seven weeks since ImpactAlpha’s corporate impact venturing post, we've tracked seven corporate deals in cleantech, food and agriculture, inclusive financial services, the U.S., Israel, Mexico, Brazil and India.
- An emerging ecosystem is beginning to move capital for people on the move.
- Private investing in social impact is a concept that has so far been hard for many to grasp.
- Opportunity Zones are, "The single biggest tax incentive to invest in low-income communities across America that we’ve seen in 100 years."