- Next up: the group is building a shared framework for measuring impact in opportunity zones.
- Living Cities’ pay-for-success lessons, Shaq attacks gig-worker challenges, pipelines in renewable mini-grids and inclusive fintech
- The U.K.-based startup’s model is to use parametric, or “event-based” flooding parameters to cover small businesses located in flood-risk areas.
- The app-based bus company runs bus routes for individuals and companies in major Indian cities, including Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- BlackRock’s new debt funds signal an expansion of ESG’s relevance and application to emerging markets investment opportunities.
- "Overall, we’ve learned that Pay for Success is not the end in and of itself—it’s a means to the end of getting better outcomes for people."
It’s going to take years for utilities’ grids to reach remote villages in Africa, if they ever do. Standalone solar home systems are filling some of the gap. But in many cases local “mini-grids” that can power businesses, schools and other loads are the least-cost option with the broadest social and economic benefits. Investors put