- Tilapia is a low-carbon, efficient source of protein and is conducive to aquaculture operations, which have a potentially “transformational effect for the availability and affordability of locally produced protein,” said Dutch development bank FMO, which issued the loan.
- The equity round was backed by Dutch impact investors Waterman Ventures and Pymwymic and existing backer, life sciences venture investor Van Herk Investments
- Over the years, the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investment Challenge has spawned funds such as Blue Forest Conservation and Fresh Coast Capital.
ImpactAlpha, April 11 – Investors’ portfolios may get a jolt from a sudden “repricing event” that recalibrates the risks of climate change, according to a new report from Mercer. In a sequel to its “Investing in a Time of Climate Change” report, the global consultancy suggests the market isn’t fully pricing the “physical risks” of
- Pomona Impact is making the case for impact investing in Central America one investment – and one fund – at a time.
- "Minimex drives impact at both ends of the supply chain, buying maize from smallholder famers and selling fortified flour to its customers,” AgDevCo’s Chris Isaac said in a statement.
- Catalytic to the deal was Skoll Foundation’s $2 million in subordinated debt, which helped de-risked an $8 million loan for OPIC and lowered the overall cost of the $10 million loan to Proximity.