- Kenyan startup Taz Technologies aims to fill delivery gaps for the majority of Kenyans without a postal box with its mobile delivery system.
- The organization closed a $1 million funding round from Amplio Ventures, Marigold Capital, Omidyar Network, Next Wave Impact, Silicon Valley Social Ventures and the Kuo Sharper Fund.
ImpactAlpha, June 13 – Grupo Cimcorp, one of Brazil’s largest information technology service providers, lined up an undisclosed amount of financing to acquire a local software company. Blue like an Orange Sustainable Capital, the debt fund founded by former World Bank officials to finance the Sustainable Development Goals, provided $25 million of the total financing,
- Voatz’s latest funding round was backed by Techstars, as well as prior investors Medici Ventures, Urban Innovation Fund and Oakhouse Partners.
Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.
- “We’ve now seen what happens when the arrogance of Wall Street wealth meets the marketing opportunity of impact investing,” writes Jed Emerson
- JPMorgan Chase’s decision to cease lending to private operators of prisons and immigrant detention centers is an example of how social risks related to human rights are increasingly treated as a “material” risk.