Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.
- “We’ve now seen what happens when the arrogance of Wall Street wealth meets the marketing opportunity of impact investing,” writes Jed Emerson
- JPMorgan Chase’s decision to cease lending to private operators of prisons and immigrant detention centers is an example of how social risks related to human rights are increasingly treated as a “material” risk.
- "In all of these markets, the competitive advantage of the companies we’re working with is trust,” MDIF’s Harlan Mandel told ImpactAlpha. Reliable news businesses in politically risky and economically distorted environments, he says, are undervalued by investors.
- The Better India launched in 2008 to host are report on positive news and social impact initiatives across India.
- "Blockchain isn’t a replacement for or a shortcut to building trust," write the New America authors. “It is a trust accelerator, giving individuals and organizations a head start in cultivating solid relationships, built on a foundation of security, accountability, and transparency.”
- TechSoup helps nonprofits and charities acquire hardware and software they need to bolster their operations and programs.