Long-term investment and engagement strategies have enabled faith-based investors, many of whom have small portfolios, to get the ear of corporate behemoths like Walmart on urgent social issues.
- The firm has raised more than €150 million ($167 million) for the fund and made six investments, including a German university complex, a Swedish school, Italian and Danish hospitals, and health center and nursing home facilities in the U.K.
- Myanmar Net, Yangon-based Frontiir’s internet connectivity service, is the fastest growing internet service in the country.
- Arts and journalism-focused Knight Foundation is committing $50 million to 11 university research projects that explore technology’s influence on democracy and and civic trust.
- New Media Ventures has invested $50 million over the last decade in 70 companies developing new methods and platforms for engaging people in politics, news, and social activism.
- Kenyan startup Taz Technologies aims to fill delivery gaps for the majority of Kenyans without a postal box with its mobile delivery system.
- The organization closed a $1 million funding round from Amplio Ventures, Marigold Capital, Omidyar Network, Next Wave Impact, Silicon Valley Social Ventures and the Kuo Sharper Fund.