- The three-year-old, £7 million fund lends to social enterprises in the U.K.’s arts and culture sector
- The deal highlights the impact, and financial, potential of the creative economy, a sector still largely untapped by impact investors.
- Regional investors include… The Syndicate Fund, Matchstick Ventures, M25 Group, and Router Ventures.
- The company’s... 100% recyclable packaging reportedly uses 80% less packaging than similar services.
- Philadelphia... is one four cities selected for an identity makeover as part of the “Global Cities Initiative” from JPMorgan Chase and the Brookings Institute.
- Already... the city is among the best U.S. cities for women in tech, top cities to start a social enterprise and a finalist for Amazon’s new headquarters.
- Seeking... more differentiation, visibility, and recognition to compete for business and talent.
- Managers of over $5 billion aim for high impact, high-returns investing.
- ImpactAlpha launches premium package.
- New morning Dealflow...tracks financings and fund raises from startups to supertankers...
Inclusive Economy “We see a real positive role that financially self-sustaining socially-minded arts organisations can play,” says Big Issue Invest’s James Salmon PC: hackneyartscentre Big Issue Invest, The Arts Impact Fund and Triodos Bank are allocating two-thirds of the funds needed to convert an old cinema in East London into a community theater and music venue. The
Mumbai, India — Even in India’s most modern city, women must still navigate an oppressive set of taboos. The unwritten rules make them cautious of their movements and their attire, restrict their behavior and infect their thinking. Roshnee Desai’s visual art challenges those social norms. Her works — short films, cartoons and even the upholstery in a Mumbai taxicab — all