“Creating Impact,” ImpactAlpha’s series on impact media, is sponsored by Upstart Co-Lab, a national collaboration disrupting how creativity is funded by connecting the $12 trillion of socially responsible and impact investing capital in the U.S. to the $804 billion U.S. creative economy. Talk about cultural capital. The Cook Inlet Tribal Council, looking for a way to
- Investissement Québec led the firm’s $7.5 million ($10 million CAD) Series A.
- “You don't have to be an art lover to invest in the creative economy,” says Callanan. “There are great deals happening there."
- Movie makers and video game producers have what mission-driven investors want: impact at scale.
- In part two of ImpactAlpha’s series on Appalachia’s post-coal future, three projects offer a potential roadmap for other communities looking to diversify away from coal.
- The foundation that holds one of the largest collections of art by African American artists in the U.S. south will invest its assets in the communities where those artists lived and worked.
- MMC Ventures and social enterprise lender FSE Group have clinched £100 million ($127 million) to advance the city’s startup scene.