- A coalition of more than 70 organizations and Opportunity Zone investors are calling on Treasury to adopt a reporting framework for investments in designated Opportunity Zones.
- The program is backed by the Bush Foundation, and run in partnership with Impact Hub and beer company Finnegan’s Brew, to support underrepresented social entrepreneurs in the area.
- The company has raised a $26 million Series B funding round led by venture capital firm Zeev Ventures
ImpactAlpha, June 12 – Impact Fitness, the first investment of the Bain Capital Double Impact Fund, is now the $390 million fund’s first exit. Morgan Stanley Capital Partners acquired the stakes of Bain and Bridges Bridges Fund Management, marking the first exit as well for Bridges’ U.S. Sustainable Growth Fund. Impact Fitness, a franchisee of Planet
- The nine-year old company raised $32.6 million in an oversubscribed second growth round with a new investment from Cox Enterprise and participation from previous investors.
- "Place-based impact investing is no longer a solo endeavor for many foundations across the United States,” write Mission Investors Exchange's Melanie Audette, MacArthur Foundation’s John Balbach and Urban Institute’s Shena Ashley.
- The platform aggregates a borrower’s loans, income and spending information, then makes recommendations on how to pay down debt quickly and automates payments.