- Next up: the group is building a shared framework for measuring impact in opportunity zones.
- The abundance of equity capital that may be headed to America’s poorest communities through such tax-incentivised funds by itself won’t transform neighborhoods for the better.
Alaska’s supply chain was precarious even before melting permafrost and Arctic ice put the state on the front lines of climate change. The state’s vast scale—bigger than Texas, California, and Montana combined—has long presented unique challenges in delivering food, energy and vital services to remote regions sometimes only accessible by seaplane or dog sled. All
- FundRise has called for “a joint initiative among all opportunity funds” to share data about the impact of investments, including building “a shared framework and combined database.”
- The Philadelphia civic leader and social financier, died Saturday after a heart attack.
- America’s Pledge has collected up 10 immediate, nonfederal emissions reduction opportunities.
Editor’s note: As banks have consolidated and closed small-town branches, only 18% of new businesses get a bank loan. Less than 1% of businesses, mostly tech companies in big cities, ever raise venture capital. “That leaves 81% of businesses stuck with no formal access to capital,” Village Capital’s Ross Baird told the U.S. House of