- The Impact Enterprise Fund began fundraising last year with a target of between US$7 million and $10 million to invest in domestic social businesses.
- Australia’s retirement fund for health and community industry employees is putting an additional A$40 million ($30.5 million) to its Social Impact Investment Trust.
- Atlanta-based Rubicon connects trash collectors to cities and businesses looking for garbage and recycling services.
- The fund... scores companies against the UN Sustainable Development
- Why it matters... It's another example of broadening access to impact investments
Inclusive Economy The Impact Enterprise Fund claims to be the first domestically-focused impact fund in New Zealand PC: New Ground Capital The Impact Enterprise Fund, a partnership between Ākina Foundation, New Ground Capital and Impact Ventures, has raised NZ$8 million ($5.8 million) to invest in local startups tackling issues in sustainable food production, agriculture, healthcare, clean energy,
Conscious Consumers, a New Zealand-based startup, helps socially minded consumers find businesses near them; 500 businesses and 20,000 customers have registered on its app. The $2 million in funding was led by Soul Capital, with backing from investment firm K1W1 and Richard Collier-Keywood, who is the former U.K. managing partner for PwC. Conscious Consumers will use the
Australia this year has been aggressively building up its impact-investing infrastructure, an effort championed by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. Now a group of students behind the Impact Investment Hub are making it easier to find impact investing opportunities. The team has built a Current Deals Library, which provides snapshots of open investments in the country