- It took four years for Dolma Impact Fund to raise its first fund in Nepal, and only took two years to achieve its first exit.
- Climate financing from the six multilateral development banks grew 22% last year even as global climate finance fell.
- Impact drift challenges nearly all impact funds. "Fund managers with a roadmap for proactively managing evolving impact and impact drift have a competitive advantage in capital markets," writes Capria's Uma Sekar in a guest post on ImpactAlpha.
- A wave of digital and financial innovation is changing perceptions around the profitability of lending to small farmers in emerging markets.
Ceniarth and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation's $4 million in first-loss capital to Global Partnerships new fund brought in a $50 million commitment from OPIC.
- Solving malnutrition will require a significant capital infusion in a more local, more sustainable, global food system able to deliver more affordable healthy food. That’s a big opportunity for impact investors.
- Private equity investors seeking impact in emerging markets are grappling with risk on both fronts.