Website Calvert Impact
About Calvert Impact
Calvert Impact, Inc. is a global nonprofit investment firm that helps individuals and institutions invest in solutions that people and our planet need. During its 25+ year history, Calvert Impact has become an impact investing pioneer and mobilized nearly $5 billion from investors to create measurable impact in affordable housing, community development, education, environmental sustainability, health, microfinance, sustainable agriculture, small businesses, and renewable energy sectors.
Calvert Impact is a diverse and inclusive organization, comprised of energetic and talented people who have a passion for redirecting capital to advance social and climate justice, racial and gender equity, and the Sustainable Development Goals. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes healthcare, retirement contributions, transportation and educational subsidies, and much more.
About the position:
Calvert Impact is developing a broad range of new products designed to increase capital access to under-resourced communities. In late 2022, Elizabeth Park and Calvert Impact were appointed co-general partners of the Mission Driven Bank Fund. The Mission Driven Bank Fund seeks to foster a stronger and more inclusive banking system by investing in mission-driven banks that provide credit and financial services to lower-wealth communities, rural communities, and communities of color across the United States. The Fund hopes to drive significant growth and financial resiliency in the mission-driven bank sector that translates into demonstrated progress in closing racial income and wealth gap over the fund’s life and beyond.
We are seeking a team player that will create and coordinate the technical services program and build meaningful relationships with over 300 Minority Depository Institutions (MDI) and Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) banks that are eligible to receive capital from the Mission Driven Bank Fund. The Officer/Senior Officer must excel at working collaboratively across teams, both internally and externally with a variety of diverse stakeholders, with an ability to manage dynamic situations and challenges. This role requires someone who is deeply passionate about building the organizational capacity and measuring and managing the impact of MDI and CDFI banks. The Officer/Senior Officer must feel comfortable with the investment process and using an impact measurement and management (IMM) framework to evaluate program success but is not expected to be an expert in either investing or IMM. This role requires someone with strong communication, program management, and critical thinking skills. The Officer/Senior Officer must also be strongly committed to the mission of Calvert Impact and feel comfortable in a flat, entrepreneurial, and supportive organizational culture.
- Cross team collaboration with Calvert Impact’s Strategy, and Impact Management teams, as well as MDBF partners, including the co-general partner Elizabeth Park Capital Management.
- Create and lead a high-impact annual Technical Services program overseeing all program aspects, including one-on-one technical assistance, peer-to-peer learning, in-person and remote training, and resource toolkits/curriculum designed to grow the capacity of our banking partners.
- Create and manage the implementation of annual technical services plans with banks in the Mission Driven Bank Fund portfolio.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with portfolio banks and technical services providers participating in the technical services program, alongside the Fund Relationship Managers.
- Provide general technical services program administrative oversight, including quality assurance, overseeing the contracting process, and budgetary monitoring, alongside the Fund Portfolio Manager.
- Support the Fund’s Relationship Managers and banking partners in implementing an IMM framework with our banking partners, including supporting impact due diligence and impact monitoring; managing the impact reporting process and coordinating the data analysis; managing any third-party data collection and/or survey efforts; reporting to Limited Partners; and leading the impact assessment process in connection to investment exits.
- Assist banks in implementing effective impact reporting procedures.
- Provide strategic feedback on the broader design of the technical services program and IMM framework.
- Represent the Mission Driven Bank Fund externally at various presentations and conferences.
The ideal candidate brings:
- Experience in delivering technical assistance to lending institutions and/or experience working in community banking.
- At least 3 years of experience working with or within financial institutions in a role focused on relationship building.
- Experience in impact measurement and management. Experience with financial institutions’ collection and management of client and impact data, including the Emergency Capital Infusion Program (ECIP) or CDFI Fund reporting, is ideal.
- Familiarity with IMM tools, frameworks, and approaches such as IRIS+, the 5 dimensions of impact, the Impact Principles, and Impact Frontiers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external audiences and partners.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships within the organization and externally with partners, portfolio clients, and service providers. Familiarity with a diverse set of financial services vendors and service providers is ideal.
- Systems and process-minded, with Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-through.
- A collaborative, service-oriented and team-first attitude.
- Ability to travel throughout the US 10-20% of the time as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit calvertimpact.org.