- A year before Paul Polman, the 62-year-old chief executive of consumer packaged goods giant Unilever announced his retirement last week, he fought an epic battle for the future of the company – and perhaps of capitalism.
- Google has allocated $6 million to nonprofits and social enterprises in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa using technology to deliver social impact in their communities.
- The Cleveland-based cooperative is raising a fund to help existing businesses convert to a cooperative model, reports Next City.
It is almost easier to list the private equity managers who are not getting into impact than it is to list those who are. After raising $2 billion for its first-ever impact fund, private equity manager TPG Growth is looking to raise a second Rise Fund, this time at $3 billion. We have come a
- Mumbai-based GoBolt makes software to help India’s growing on-demand logistics sector operate more efficiently
- Investors with tens of billions in assets have written an open letter to incoming General Electric Co. CEO Lawrence Culp making the case that he can turnaround the Boston-based firm’s ailing valuation by becoming a leader in the global transition to clean power and transportation.
- “Consumers expect it all: convenience, quality, values orientation, newness, and price,” notes a 2017 McKinsey fashion report.