Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.
- “We’ve now seen what happens when the arrogance of Wall Street wealth meets the marketing opportunity of impact investing,” writes Jed Emerson
- "In all of these markets, the competitive advantage of the companies we’re working with is trust,” MDIF’s Harlan Mandel told ImpactAlpha. Reliable news businesses in politically risky and economically distorted environments, he says, are undervalued by investors.
- The Better India launched in 2008 to host are report on positive news and social impact initiatives across India.
- "Blockchain isn’t a replacement for or a shortcut to building trust," write the New America authors. “It is a trust accelerator, giving individuals and organizations a head start in cultivating solid relationships, built on a foundation of security, accountability, and transparency.”
- The industry network for mobile operators is using a grant-based fund to seed companies in Uganda and Ghana focused on digital inclusion, particularly for rural residents.
- The Markup, which will likely launch in early 2019, intends to explore issues like discriminatory software and algorithms and the spread of misinformation.