- Myanmar Net, Yangon-based Frontiir’s internet connectivity service, is the fastest growing internet service in the country.
- Arts and journalism-focused Knight Foundation is committing $50 million to 11 university research projects that explore technology’s influence on democracy and and civic trust.
- New Media Ventures has invested $50 million over the last decade in 70 companies developing new methods and platforms for engaging people in politics, news, and social activism.
- Kenyan startup Taz Technologies aims to fill delivery gaps for the majority of Kenyans without a postal box with its mobile delivery system.
ImpactAlpha, June 13 – Grupo Cimcorp, one of Brazil’s largest information technology service providers, lined up an undisclosed amount of financing to acquire a local software company. Blue like an Orange Sustainable Capital, the debt fund founded by former World Bank officials to finance the Sustainable Development Goals, provided $25 million of the total financing,
Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.
- “We’ve now seen what happens when the arrogance of Wall Street wealth meets the marketing opportunity of impact investing,” writes Jed Emerson