- Kenyan startup Taz Technologies aims to fill delivery gaps for the majority of Kenyans without a postal box with its mobile delivery system.
ImpactAlpha, June 13 – Grupo Cimcorp, one of Brazil’s largest information technology service providers, lined up an undisclosed amount of financing to acquire a local software company. Blue like an Orange Sustainable Capital, the debt fund founded by former World Bank officials to finance the Sustainable Development Goals, provided $25 million of the total financing,
Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.
- “We’ve now seen what happens when the arrogance of Wall Street wealth meets the marketing opportunity of impact investing,” writes Jed Emerson
- "In all of these markets, the competitive advantage of the companies we’re working with is trust,” MDIF’s Harlan Mandel told ImpactAlpha. Reliable news businesses in politically risky and economically distorted environments, he says, are undervalued by investors.
- The Better India launched in 2008 to host are report on positive news and social impact initiatives across India.
- "Blockchain isn’t a replacement for or a shortcut to building trust," write the New America authors. “It is a trust accelerator, giving individuals and organizations a head start in cultivating solid relationships, built on a foundation of security, accountability, and transparency.”