- Rodrigo Villar and New Ventures Mexico are waking up private investors to the next wave of innovation taking hold in Mexican and Latin American startups: the one tackling mounting social and environmental challenges.
- “We’re trying to democratize the data information on the retail sector,” says Frogtek’s Montse Mora.
ImpactAlpha, April 22 – First Nations and Inuit people in Canada do not own their land. Per the Indian Act, it’s held by the Canadian government. Without collateral, private banks are hesitant to fund early-stage development. “It’s very difficult to do on-reserve lending in a traditional format,” Bridging Finance’s David Sharpe, a member of the
- The 169-page Treasury document of proposed new rules for Opportunity Zones removes substantial obstacles for investments in local operating businesses.
- Fintech startup Weel provides cashflow loans to Brazil’s small businesses to help them weather variability between incoming and outgoing payments.
- Pomona Impact is making the case for impact investing in Central America one investment – and one fund – at a time.
- CÍVICO develops curated local guides for Latin American cities, helping to raise the profile of small businesses.