- The Civic Tech accelerator, hosted by Omidyar Network and Village Capital in India, is looking for “ventures leveraging technology and/or physical community-building to connect citizens with government and/or one another in order to advance civic outcomes.”
- Marshmallow, a U.K. startup, plans to offer car insurance to the more than 9 million foreign born drivers who recently moved to the country.
- BluVine offers loan products to meet operational and working capital needs and to cover short-term cashflow requirements between invoicing and payment.
- The eco-consumer products brand launched by Jessica Alba in 2012 has raised $200 million from private equity firm L Catterton.
- Back in 2015, Arlan Hamilton pledged to back 100 woman, LGBTQ or person of color founders by 2020. Last week, she said her Backstage Capital already has hit that goal.
- A country famous for its world class culinary concoctions is serving up a new recipe: a healthy entrepreneurial ecosystem—and one taking aim at inclusive growth.
ImpactAlpha, June 7 – Paying for college. Money management for youths. Pre-tax paycheck withdrawals. Senior citizen insurance policy sales. Those were the areas tackled by the winners of the fourth social fintech competition run by JPMorgan Chase and the Center for Financial Services Innovation. The theme of the competition, which received more than 300 applications