- Motivohas designed an ergonomic walker that reduces back and neck pressure by up to 60% compared to traditional walkers.
- The Tel Aviv-based venture is building electric vehicle batteries that can fully charge in five minutes.
- The Mexican startup PRYSMEX provides employers with workplace and wearable sensors and geolocation tools to prevent accidents.
- The Overseas Private Investment Corp. is providing a $10 million loan to help Dimagi expand into Tanzania, Myanmar and Guatemala
- Success looks like… Selected companies should target a user base of 1 million with at least 50% women, and offer an affordable product.
- Supporting growth… Participating companies will each get up to $35,000 to support mentorship in user engagement and mobile product strategy.
- Holberton’s Series A round… was led by Daphni and Trinity Ventures, joined by Omidyar Network and previous investors.
Philadelphia-based Opportunity Finance Network awarded $5 million to five community development financial institutions for experiments with new financial products and models in underserved communities. The winners include: Reinvestment Fund, which will commit the $500,000 award to its pay-for-success fund; Minneapolis-based Metropolitan Economic Development Association, which will develop a “patient equity” product for early stage minority