- Founders of Nashville-based butcher Porter Road are betting Americans' appetite for meat isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
- OneCrop makes a film that farmers lay on top of soil where crops are planted that promotes crop growth and lowers water usage.
- Greenfingers Mobile has developed software to manage and finance groups of smallholder farmers and make it easier for large companies to buy their crops.
- Kilimo uses satellite, climate and on-the-ground data to help farmers plan crop irrigation and conserve water.
- Where’s the beef… Tyson’s venture capital arm has also invested in Memphis Meats, another lab-grown meat company.
- Additional investment from… Israeli food conglomerate Neto Group, Chinese food tech accelerator Agrinnovation, and venture capital funds BitsXBites, Yissum and HB Ventures contributed to the round.
The Berkeley, Calif.-based company makes high protein vegan, lactose-free “dairy” products. The company’s mission is to “help people enjoy the dairy food they love, while leaving a kinder footprint on the planet.” Singapore’s state-owned investment fund Temasek led the round. Temasek has backed other sustainable food and farm ventures, including vegetarian meat company Impossible Foods and
The Berlin-based company makes small indoor vertical farms for herbs and vegetables that it sells directly to grocery stores, allowing shoppers to pick their own produce in the store. Infarm’s team wants to see its technology eliminate waste in the produce supply chain, TechCrunch reports. Demand for locally-grown food is on the rise, both to bolster