- The female-run nut-butter company sources its ingredients from U.S. farmers and sells its products in retailers across the country.
- Indian venture capital firm Chiratae Ventures and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation backed the company’s Series B equity round.
- With all the capital investors have been pouring into the “alternative meat” sector, Beyond Meat has decided it’s time to test the (public) market.
- The Fidelity-led round valued the restaurant chain known for its salads and use of local ingredients at more than $1 billion.
- California-based Geltor’s Series A was led by agtech investor Cultivian Sandbox and backed by the venture funds of two global food and agriculture companies: Archer Daniels Midland and Wilbur Ellis.
Suminter works with 50,000 farmers across Africa and Asia to source its products, which are then sold in 20 countries.
ImpactAlpha, October 10 – California-based Centaur’s funding round was led by seed-stage tech investor Athens, Greece-based Marathon Venture Capital, which specializes in early-stage investments for IoT companies. Centaur uses data science and sensors to track and monitor the conditions in which crops are stored post-harvest. The company’s goal is to improve global food quality and reduce