- “This alternative finance mechanism will help cities, businesses and potentially private homes to meet their basic needs, knocking off several Global Goals targets at once,” UNDP’s Dumitru Vasilescu said.
ImpactAlpha, October 10 – California-based Centaur’s funding round was led by seed-stage tech investor Athens, Greece-based Marathon Venture Capital, which specializes in early-stage investments for IoT companies. Centaur uses data science and sensors to track and monitor the conditions in which crops are stored post-harvest. The company’s goal is to improve global food quality and reduce
ImpactAlpha, October 2 – The Urban-X accelerator graduated its fourth cohort of startups at a demo day in Brooklyn last week. With investors in attendance, seven startups showcased new hardware to make urban life less challenging and more enjoyable. Among this year’s cohort: Avvir, which uses laser scanners to scan construction sites and determine progress
- A new report from the World Economic Forum touts the decentralized electronic ledger's potential as a game changer for sustainable development finance, among about a half-dozen or so other applications for environmental challenges.
- The blockchain-based tech venture is the latest in a growing “food transparency” startup ecosystem to raise funding.
- The initiative has now backed 20 companies with $100,000 each, provided tailored technical assistance and delivered access to a dedicated network of investors.
- The deal marks the fifth education investment from the TPG Growth impact investing fund.