- The initiative has now backed 20 companies with $100,000 each, provided tailored technical assistance and delivered access to a dedicated network of investors.
- The deal marks the fifth education investment from the TPG Growth impact investing fund.
- The C$189.5 billion pension fund is committing C$200 million in project financing to roll out smart energy storage systems across Ontario.
- The firm claims it has solved “the hardest problem for autonomous vehicles”: understanding human behavior.
- The Danish venture capital firm invests in high-tech startups using blockchain, virtual and augmented reality, and smart sensors, that are addressing the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The UNICEF Innovation Fund has raised $14.4 million and backed 57 startups in 35 countries with $3.9 million, including social impact blockchain and virtual reality startups.
The blockchain is hot. But without strong ethics, the technology could face the same backlash already rocking the tech world. To help integrate ethics into blockchain applications, the Beeck Center, a center for social-innovation at Georgetown University, has released Blockchain for Ethical Design Framework, with support from the Rockefeller Foundation. The group says blockchain developers can mitigate