- Switchee uses data from its smart thermostats to track energy consumption, light, motion, humidity and other factors in low income housing.
- ConsenSys and PeaceTech Lab convened to debate the potential for blockchain to improve everything from delivery of refugee aid to supply chain transparency to media credential verification to impact reporting.
ImpactAlpha, May 30 – SOCAP meets Burning Man meets TechCrunch Disrupt this month at the second annual Katapult Future Festival in Oslo, Norway. The future-fest drew 650 impact investors, technologists and agents of impact from around the globe (including her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit!) to put forward exponential solutions to exponential problems. Here are
- WattTime aimed to raise capital that would allow it to maintain its impact orientation, control the applications of its technology, and share upside with investors who facilitated the initial development of WattTime’s technology.
- A new report highlights financial service providers in Africa that are wielding AI to lower costs, boost revenues and gain a competitive edge with low-income populations.
- The three startups each target a different education-related challenge in India.
- Qventus’s product uses machine learning to help hospitals oversee patient care, reduce unnecessary tests and visits, and manage hospital logistics.