- Google has allocated $6 million to nonprofits and social enterprises in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa using technology to deliver social impact in their communities.
- Tokyo-based Molcure is developing a machine learning-powered platform to support faster drug development and the discovery of new treatments for cancers and other diseases.
- The platform, called The Big Exchange, aims to “make finance more inclusive,” by giving anyone with savings or a pension access to impact funds.
- The Fidelity-led round valued the restaurant chain known for its salads and use of local ingredients at more than $1 billion.
- The challenge will support nonprofits, academics, and social enterprises in developing new AI applications for social, humanitarian and environmental issues.
- “This alternative finance mechanism will help cities, businesses and potentially private homes to meet their basic needs, knocking off several Global Goals targets at once,” UNDP’s Dumitru Vasilescu said.
ImpactAlpha, October 10 – California-based Centaur’s funding round was led by seed-stage tech investor Athens, Greece-based Marathon Venture Capital, which specializes in early-stage investments for IoT companies. Centaur uses data science and sensors to track and monitor the conditions in which crops are stored post-harvest. The company’s goal is to improve global food quality and reduce