"We found that the finance sector is part of the problem, when it could and should be part of the solution for addressing climate change,” said Brunel chief investment officer Mark Mansley.
- Companies that are not adequately addressing the “existential crisis” of climate change would be delisted from the London Stock Exchange under a Labour party government in the U.K.
- Over the last 18 months, the U.K. National Advisory Board on Impact Investing has identified key levers for deepening the impact of social investments and attracting the needed capital.
The place-based impact fund strives to support the U.K. city's vision to be “a fair, healthy and sustainable city and a city of hope and aspiration” by 2050.
- CDC is introducing “Catalyst Strategies” that will guide as much as $1.5 billion in new investments, on top of its current pipeline of $500 million in commitments.
- BlueOrchard got its start in microfinance two decades ago and now manages $3.5 billion in assets globally across asset classes, including credit, private equity and sustainable infrastructure, and blended finance.
- SteamaCo's meters allow power operators to monitor household and business energy usage, and lets customers pre-pay via mobile phone or in person through agents.