- Dollars for diabetes... Other diabetes-related deals and initiatives include Solera Health in the U.S.; Wellthy Therapeutics, Diabetes Specialities Centre, HealthMir and Sepalika in India;. AllLife in South Africa and the U.K.
- Lifestyle diseases… Bhutan has taken the lead in fighting chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease.
- Retail appeal… Last month, the company quickly raised €1 million ($1.25 million) on TRINE, a Swedish crowdfunding platform.
- All-of-the-above… Last October, BBOXX raised $5 million to support its Rwanda expansion plans.
- BlueOrchard... was founded by the UN in 2001 as one of the world’s first commercial managers of microfinance debt investments.
- The firm says... 60% of its investees’ clients are women, one-quarter offer green loans for clean water and energy.
- Calvert’s 2004 investment in BlueOrchard... matured in 2011.
- More than half... of Partners Group’s $74 billion in assets under management come from pension funds.
- Partners Group reports... that its portfolio already includes $4 billion in investments that contribute to SDGs.
- PG LIFE... will focus on the same goals, and will be split 75% equity and 25% debt, DealStreetAsia reports.
Bridges Fund Management has taken a majority stake in healthy school-meal provider Innovate Services. Innovate caters healthy meals to 90,000 primary and secondary school students in 120 schools across England. Bridges, a London-based impact investor, says the school-meals sector can improve education and health outcomes; studies tie nutritious meals to positive behavior and school performance. “Promoting
Inclusive Economy “We see a real positive role that financially self-sustaining socially-minded arts organisations can play,” says Big Issue Invest’s James Salmon PC: hackneyartscentre Big Issue Invest, The Arts Impact Fund and Triodos Bank are allocating two-thirds of the funds needed to convert an old cinema in East London into a community theater and music venue. The
The UK-social investment firm’s Community Investment Enterprise Facility will be used to capitalize lenders so they can make loans to individuals and businesses in underserved UK communities. Social Investment Scotland, one of the largest community development finance institutions (CDFI) in the UK, will manage the fund, which will invest in five CDFIs. Big Society Capital