- The C$189.5 billion pension fund is committing C$200 million in project financing to roll out smart energy storage systems across Ontario.
The FIFA World Cup is over. It was an exciting display of drama, talent, and endurance of football’s finest. But there is a big gap in the lives of hundreds of millions that needs to be filled until the Women’s World Cup next year and the next men’s tournament in 2022. So what if we
- Green Investment Group North America’s first two projects include the completion of a 200-megawatt wind farm in Texas the launch of a solar development partnership called Candela Renewables.
- The Bank of Montreal is committing to lending C$3 billion ($2.3 billion) to women-owned Canadian businesses.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called on France, Canada and other members of the G7 to build a better world, a message likely to resonate at MIT Solve this week.
- Impact tracking... CoPower’s impact tracking and reporting includes kilowatt-hours of clean energy generated, energy saved, and CO2 emissions reduced.
- Longer terms… The four and six-year bonds offer returns of 4% and 5%, respectively.
- The C$10 million (US$8 million) round… was backed by sustainable aquaculture fund Aqua-Spark, Obvious Ventures and Real Ventures. Real Ventures previously led XpertSea’s C$1.25 million seed round in 2015.