An innovative financing mechanism for drugs for neglected diseases is providing a return for impact investors. Novo Nordisk, the Danish pharmaceutical giant, disclosed that it is the buyer of a “priority review voucher” from Medicines Development for Global Health, an Australian nonprofit that won U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for moxidectin as a treatment
- SteamaCo's meters allow power operators to monitor household and business energy usage, and lets customers pre-pay via mobile phone or in person through agents.
- “We see this as a shift in the conservation-funding model,” Oliver Withers of the Zoological Society of London said of the rhino bond.
- Kijani became the first investment of a new $500,000 “mini-fund” targeting women entrepreneurs in Ethiopia and Uganda from angel network Renew, an impact investment firm based in Addis Abba.
- Pure Salmon is a portfolio company of 8F Asset Management, a Singapore-based impact investing asset management firm.
- The firm secured €1 million ($1.1 million) in working capital from the Dutch Good Growth Fund, a Dutch government fund managed by impact investment firm Triple Jump and PwC.
- The Nigerian company will use the funding to build an African DNA biobank and is seeking 40,000 samples this year.