- Kenyan startup Taz Technologies aims to fill delivery gaps for the majority of Kenyans without a postal box with its mobile delivery system.
- The company has secured $5 million from French family office Creadev, giving a number of Twiga’s early investors, including Blue Haven Ventures and Omidyar Network, partial exits.
ImpactAlpha, June 11 – Rural electricity has often required subsidy. The self-sufficient electricity grids known as mini-grids are no different, say a dozen impact investors with $2 billion under management. Investors including Acumen, Blue Haven Initiative, and Ceniarth, as well as Engie Powercorner, Responsability and KawiSafi Ventures are calling on donors and governments to provide results-based financing to subsidize rural connections that could
- The company has raised $12 million in Series A funding to support its expansion in Latin America, India and Kenya
- Médecins de Nuit, or MDN, launched in 2011 to offer services to patients dealing with chronic health issues.
- The Off-Grid Energy Access Fund has issued BBOXX an $8 million loan (roughly 7.3 billion Rwandan francs) to expand sales of its solar home systems in Rwanda, where it currently has 800,000 systems installed in homes and businesses.
- Investment Funds for Health in Africa, along with ELMA Philanthropies and non-profit health access group PharmAccess, backed CarePay’s funding round.