- Tilapia is a low-carbon, efficient source of protein and is conducive to aquaculture operations, which have a potentially “transformational effect for the availability and affordability of locally produced protein,” said Dutch development bank FMO, which issued the loan.
- KawiSafi has invested $21 million in five companies, including d.light, a leading solar lantern and home-system provider
Branch, which enables mobile lending, has now secured $170 million from Visa, Foundation Capital, B Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8 and Trinity Ventures.
- "Minimex drives impact at both ends of the supply chain, buying maize from smallholder famers and selling fortified flour to its customers,” AgDevCo’s Chris Isaac said in a statement.
- Kudi launched in Nigeria in 2017 to make access to financial services easier for smartphone users
- The company’s funding round was backed by venture capital firm Viola FinTech, BNP Paribas’s venture capital arm Opera Tech Ventures, Standard Bank, OurCrowd, Moneta Fund and several private investors.
Brazilian fintech Moeda has joined with the African nation of Togo to backstop a planned €100 million ($113 million) impact fund being raised by a Switzerland-based private-equity firm Bamboo. It’s all based on blockchain.